No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 3:28pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 2:05pm
For crying out loud, why would you take a conversation with a complete stranger in that direction?
Bigots tend to have a weird compulsion to not hide their views, especially with strangers, because they also believing in "telling it like it is." Nuance and discretion is for losers.
To me, "telling it like it is" equals saying things in public that you should have been taught better or known better not to do so by your fifth birthday.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 3:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
For crying out loud, why would you take a conversation with a complete stranger in that direction?
Bigots tend to have a weird compulsion to not hide their views, especially with strangers, because they also believing in "telling it like it is." Nuance and discretion is for losers.
To me, "telling it like it is" equals saying things in public that you should have been taught better or known better not to do so by your fifth birthday.
Yeah, but liberals are trying to cancel people!
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 3:55pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Whatever happened to good manners and being considerate of other peoples feelings?
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 4:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 3:55pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Whatever happened to good manners and being considerate of other peoples feelings?
That went out the window when real Americans had to watch commercials with interracial and gay and lesbian couples.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kimmelweck wrote:
At one point he started telling me about a 50lb carp he had caught many years ago. He mentioned the huge lips on the fish, and then wondered aloud if it was a black carp, ya know, cuz of the lips.
No, it's a black carp because he wanted to kill it for no other reason than it exists.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

tepista wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 6:24pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
At one point he started telling me about a 50lb carp he had caught many years ago. He mentioned the huge lips on the fish, and then wondered aloud if it was a black carp, ya know, cuz of the lips.
No, it's a black carp because he wanted to kill it for no other reason than it exists.
He did mention going home to get a sled from his mom’s house to drag it away. Carp is the last thing I would keep around here, though they’re fun to catch. Seemed like a decent dude until this little ugly streak just bubbled up out of nowhere. Like Doc said, it’s a weird compulsion to share his shitty views with a stranger in an otherwise decent conversation. So disappointing. :sad:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kimmelweck wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 7:17pm
tepista wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
He did mention going home to get a sled from his mom’s house to drag it away. Carp is the last thing I would keep around here, though they’re fun to catch. Seemed like a decent dude until this little ugly streak just bubbled up out of nowhere. Like Doc said, it’s a weird compulsion to share his shitty views with a stranger in an otherwise decent conversation. So disappointing. :sad:
I think he was looking to reassure/validate his racism.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 8:01pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
tepista wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
You’re probably right. Maybe it’s a misery loves company kind of deal. In hindsight, it almost seems like his subsequent story about being chased on his bike was an attempt to justify his first comment.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kimmelweck wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 8:57pm
revbob wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 8:01pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
tepista wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
You’re probably right. Maybe it’s a misery loves company kind of deal. In hindsight, it almost seems like his subsequent story about being chased on his bike was an attempt to justify his first comment.
Yeah a simple mind trying to justify the hate he really knows is wrong.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Lest you think that racism is limited to the boonies, my friend Chris was on a zoom with some committee at his kid's school. Chris lives in NYC. His partner is Black, and they wanted their kids to be biracial, so they got a white egg donor and used his partners sperm. Their boys are biracial. One of them goes to one of those classically liberal public schools. So at this meeting, half of the people (and some of them were people of color themselves, just not Black) were saying that they wanted to try and limit the admission of Black kids. Because the prestige would go down.

This shit is everywhere.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 12:03pm
Lest you think that racism is limited to the boonies, my friend Chris was on a zoom with some committee at his kid's school. Chris lives in NYC. His partner is Black, and they wanted their kids to be biracial, so they got a white egg donor and used his partners sperm. Their boys are biracial. One of them goes to one of those classically liberal public schools. So at this meeting, half of the people (and some of them were people of color themselves, just not Black) were saying that they wanted to try and limit the admission of Black kids. Because the prestige would go down.

This shit is everywhere.
Ah, 2009, when America was a post-racial society …

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

JennyB wrote:

This shit is everywhere.
Hello,

If the Zoom was recorded, post it on facebook or some other such site. These people need to face the consequences of their thinking and actions.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

gkbill wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 12:13pm
JennyB wrote:

This shit is everywhere.
Hello,

If the Zoom was recorded, post it on facebook or some other such site. These people need to face the consequences of their thinking and actions.
Since he wasn't the host, he probably doesn't have access to the recording - IF it was recorded.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Bit late now, but I use https://scre.io/ for recording training sessions at work
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Doesn't Zoom give non-hosts the option of recording locally? Could have sworn that was available.