The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: The Coronavirus Thread Of Good News

Post by Kimmelweck »

JennyB wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 3:58pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 3:55pm
revbob wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 4:12pm
Things are pretty back to normal here. I believe we are the state with the highest rate of vaccinations.
Just got back from a trip to the gas station/store down the street. I put my mask on in the car and then took it off and said screw it - I'm goin' in bare-faced. First time in over a year and it felt kinda weird. The sign on the door says mask required if you're not vaccinated, and well, I'm vaccinated. NY just hit 50% fully vaxxed, so things are opening up quite a bit. Still kept my distance from other people though.
It is a disconcerting feeling, isn't it?
Yeah it was odd, and colder. The employees there are all still masked up. Some of them have been there for a little over a year and I still don't know what the lower part of their faces look like, though I'm in there just about every day.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

GA is at about 33% vaccinated. I can confirm that about 1% of people are wearing masks in my Trump-voting district.

And I'm part of that 1% despite being vaccinated :)
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kimmelweck wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 4:09pm
JennyB wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
revbob wrote:
Things are pretty back to normal here. I believe we are the state with the highest rate of vaccinations.
Just got back from a trip to the gas station/store down the street. I put my mask on in the car and then took it off and said screw it - I'm goin' in bare-faced. First time in over a year and it felt kinda weird. The sign on the door says mask required if you're not vaccinated, and well, I'm vaccinated. NY just hit 50% fully vaxxed, so things are opening up quite a bit. Still kept my distance from other people though.
Yeah it was odd, and colder. The employees there are all still masked up. Some of them have been there for a little over a year and I still don't know what the lower part of their faces look like, though I'm in there just about every day.
Twilight Zone - That is their real face.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

revbob wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 4:39pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 4:09pm
JennyB wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
revbob wrote:
Twilight Zone - That is their real face.
I wouldn't be shocked. :lol:

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

oliver wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 4:28pm
GA is at about 33% vaccinated. I can confirm that about 1% of people are wearing masks in my Trump-voting district.

And I'm part of that 1% despite being vaccinated :)
Up until a couple weeks ago, everyone was masked up here, pretty much 100%, just north of Buffalo. Then they relaxed the requirement for those who are vaccinated. No one is asking for proof though, so I’m sure a few anti-vaxxers are just doing their thing now. Biden won 56.5% to 41.8% for Trump in 2020 in my county, though I think my immediate neighborhood leans slightly Republican. I’d say about a third of people are still in the habit of wearing masks. It will be interesting to see what happens if we get a vaccine-resistant strain in the future. I'll have no problem with going back to a mask, and probably would today if I went to a larger grocery store and was planning to be there a while.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:
revbob wrote:
Just got back from running some errands and you're right, it's kind of weird out there right now. Only one store had a sign indicating no mask required if vaccinated, but when I went in, about half the people, staff included, were wearing masks, so I put mine on. Vaccination rate here in California is 46.8% as of today, so who knows if they are or aren't, the "honor system" doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Sparky wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 5:56pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
revbob wrote:
Just got back from running some errands and you're right, it's kind of weird out there right now. Only one store had a sign indicating no mask required if vaccinated, but when I went in, about half the people, staff included, were wearing masks, so I put mine on. Vaccination rate here in California is 46.8% as of today, so who knows if they are or aren't, the "honor system" doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.
I have been going back and forth to Maine from CT for work. It's over here in New England and I am grateful. These vaccines are monumental and our generation's moon landing.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I will be hard pressed to ever leave New England. It's expensive here for a reason.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-17 at 8.07.47 PM.jpeg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.6063373

Of course those not getting vaccinated generally think themselves smarter than those who do. I hate seeming snobbish, but these fuckers are impinging on the well-being of those around them.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 9:23pm

Of course those not getting vaccinated generally think themselves smarter than those who do. I hate seeming snobbish, but these fuckers are impinging on the well-being of those around them.
I'm in 100% agreement with you Doc. If everybody would just listen to science & get vaccinated, we could probably put an end to this, not unlike measles or mumps.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 10:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 9:23pm

I'm in 100% agreement with you Doc. If everybody would just listen to science & get vaccinated, we could probably put an end to this, not unlike measles or mumps.
Yeah the masses of misinformation
and disinformation available on the internet allows people who arent well educated to find information to make them feel smart.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I think we should just give all of the anti vaxxers polio or smallpox.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 11:38am
No, I haven't been vaccinated for either of those!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 12:32pm
JennyB wrote:
Kory's been an anti-vaxxer all along.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 1:50pm
Kory wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 12:32pm
JennyB wrote:
Kory's been an anti-vaxxer all along.
I mean, his original screen name here was KORY POX.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy