BAD Meltdown 1987 Upgrade

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

BAD Meltdown 1987 Upgrade

Post by Heston »

Thanks to Marky for this sparkling upgrade to what was previously on YouTube.

V. Thirteen is insanely great.

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: BAD Meltdown 1987 Upgrade

Post by Kimmelweck »

Heston wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 10:09pm
Thanks to Marky for this sparkling upgrade to what was previously on YouTube.

V. Thirteen is insanely great.
Thanks Heston, and Marky. Excellent listening for my Saturday night. Sightsee M.C. is awesome here too.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Wow! this is unbelievably brilliant1 thank you!!!!!

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

What, has Marky moved into video restorations now?! Is there no end to his talents?
Looks and sounds fantastic. Cheers!
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Heston

Post by Heston »

JohnS wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 7:36am
What, has Marky moved into video restorations now?! Is there no end to his talents?
The previous versions on YouTube (some of them mine) were of varying quality, in my case taken from old DVD transfers. I'm not sure if Marky did any restoration but this is way better than what was up there, probably due to being closer to the master.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

My favourite ever version of Medicine Show
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

As a whole, the best document of BAD we have. Just wish it was longer. Well done to John and Marky.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

this is awesome, thank you so much Heston, Marky and anyone else involved, awesome stuff right there.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 8:28am
JohnS wrote:
The previous versions on YouTube (some of them mine) were of varying quality, in my case taken from old DVD transfers. I'm not sure if Marky did any restoration but this is way better than what was up there, probably due to being closer to the master.
Just watched this and it was great, but then it suggested that Sudden Impact video you loaded. What the hell is that from? It’s very entertaining.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 8:35pm
Heston wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 8:28am
JohnS wrote:
Just watched this and it was great, but then it suggested that Sudden Impact video you loaded. What the hell is that from? It’s very entertaining.
Mick's basement circa Dec 1984. I think it was just shot by the band for their own entertainment. It was given to a fan by Leo many years go along with the Keep Off the Grass video.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

That is very special - Thanks a lot much appreciated
I like the fact it doesn't have e=mc2 in the showing its nice to let public see they are so much more than a 1 song band

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Heston wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 3:56am
It was given to a fan by Leo many years go along with the Keep Off the Grass video.
I don't know if that version on YT was originally from my source or not but I did share it with a number of people on the old bad.co.uk page (and possibly elsewhere.) I can't be the only one outside the inner-circle to have received it.

It was around the time of Screaming Target and my sister knew Leo. She said I was a big fan and he gave me a ton of stuff including the TRAC tape, some vinyl (Sambadrome on 12" and Lovesensi) a BAD belt buckle, a Screaming Target t-shirt and a *huge* Screaming Target poster for Who Killed King Tubby (maybe 6' x 3')
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston

Post by Heston »

oliver wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 8:15am
Heston wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 3:56am
It was given to a fan by Leo many years go along with the Keep Off the Grass video.
I don't know if that version on YT was originally from my source or not but I did share it with a number of people on the old bad.co.uk page (and possibly elsewhere.) I can't be the only one outside the inner-circle to have received it.

It was around the time of Screaming Target and my sister knew Leo. She said I was a big fan and he gave me a ton of stuff including the TRAC tape, some vinyl (Sambadrome on 12" and Lovesensi) a BAD belt buckle, a Screaming Target t-shirt and a *huge* Screaming Target poster for Who Killed King Tubby (maybe 6' x 3')
Yes it will be from your source. It was that long ago I couldn't remember.