The Trump observations thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Reading excerpts and summaries of the new wave of Trump books actually has me intrigued for the ten-car-pile-up quality of it all. The tidbits have been both unsurprising and stunning in equal measure. It's hard not to conclude that he actually came to believe his own bullshit about a stolen election and all that. When the grifter can't keep the con straight, that's when they get pinched.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

The laughs just keep coming. This card was handed out at a Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) recently. All I can say is these folks are bat shit crazy.

Attachments
7 Point Plan.jpg
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 7:12pm
The laughs just keep coming. This card was handed out at a Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) recently. All I can say is these folks are bat shit crazy.

The utter stupidity that is required to believe this is just insane.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
10 Jul 2021, 7:12pm

It's weird to think that in the 1970s and 1980s, the right generated some intellectual heft, but now it's just propelled by the most immature fantasists. This is flat-out lazy comic book narrative.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

A Trump supporter who stormed the capital on 1/6/21 was quoted as saying they weren't there to 'steal things' or 'do damage': 'We were just there to overthrow the government'

Well why didn't you just say so in the first place? Because some of the GOP zombies think you were merely tourists. :question:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-s ... ent-2021-7
Last edited by Sparky on 16 Jul 2021, 8:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 7:35pm
A Trump supported who stormed the capital on 1/6/21 was quoted as saying they weren't there to 'steal things' or 'do damage': 'We were just there to overthrow the government'

Well why didn't you just say so in the first place? Because some of the GOP zombies think you were merely tourists. :question:

I keep contrasting these dorks with left-wing terrorists like Weatherman, and they come off as cosplay revolutionaries. Weatherman were self-righteous privileged assholes, but they had a greater awareness, of themselves and their environment, that these morons lack.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 7:58pm
Sparky wrote:
A Trump supported who stormed the capital on 1/6/21 was quoted as saying they weren't there to 'steal things' or 'do damage': 'We were just there to overthrow the government'

I keep contrasting these dorks with left-wing terrorists like Weatherman, and they come off as cosplay revolutionaries. Weatherman were self-righteous privileged assholes, but they had a greater awareness, of themselves and their environment, that these morons lack.
Mensa material they are not.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Plenty of the more militant leftists did spend time in jail and many were killed especially members of the BPP, AIM, MOVE (I see a pattern). But there has been no reckoning for right wing extremists in this country and they have only become more emboldened each time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 9:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Plenty of the more militant leftists did spend time in jail and many were killed especially members of the BPP, AIM, MOVE (I see a pattern). But there has been no reckoning for right wing extremists in this country and they have only become more emboldened each time.
Generally true, tho several Weatherman assholes went on to respected careers in academia. But, yeah, "the need for healing" applies to white supremacists in ways that it doesn't to those fighting against those kinds of exploitation. Almost like it reveals something about the true character of the nation.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 9:24am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Generally true, tho several Weatherman assholes went on to respected careers in academia. But, yeah, "the need for healing" applies to white supremacists in ways that it doesn't to those fighting against those kinds of exploitation. Almost like it reveals something about the true character of the nation.
Yes this is true, but I believe plenty more continued on that militant path and did time in prison some for very long stretches. It took Tim (I dont like to use Timothy for him I think it belies his true nature and has the kid next door ring to it) McVeigh murdering 168 people for the government to execute him and 2 of his 3 co-conspirators are free.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 9:43am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 9:24am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Yes this is true, but I believe plenty more continued on that militant path and did time in prison some for very long stretches. It took Tim (I dont like to use Timothy for him I think it belies his true nature and has the kid next door ring to it) McVeigh murdering 168 people for the government to execute him and 2 of his 3 co-conspirators are free.
If McVeigh had been a leftist or a Muslim, waves of arrests would have swelled prisons. Instead, it was the standard bad apple in play.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Florida "patriot" sentenced to 8 months in prison today for storming the capital back on January 6th. So it took a felony conviction for him to admit Biden is the president & for him to get the COVID vaccine. Oh yeah, he's found religion and given up alcohol as well.

Get a load of what he told the judge:

He said he acknowledges that President Joe Biden is the legitimate president. He told the judge that he started going to church, stopped drinking alcohol and that he took the Covid-19 vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/politics ... index.html

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 4:51pm
Florida "patriot" sentenced to 8 months in prison today for storming the capital back on January 6th. So it took a felony conviction for him to admit Biden is the president & for him to get the COVID vaccine. Oh yeah, he's found religion and given up alcohol as well.

Get a load of what he told the judge:

He said he acknowledges that President Joe Biden is the legitimate president. He told the judge that he started going to church, stopped drinking alcohol and that he took the Covid-19 vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/politics ... index.html
Praise to Jesus, he's found the light!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Neighborhood Asshole Also Pain In The Ass

https://www.boston.com/news/national-ne ... hp_primary

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 1:05am
Neighborhood Asshole Also Pain In The Ass

https://www.boston.com/news/national-ne ... hp_primary
The gargoyles on the porch are a nice touch. That’s the kind of person to avoid for fear of being baked into a pie.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.