Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 7:16pm
JohnS wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 6:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 5:50pm
[Brilliant! You gotta love Viz.
There aren't adequate superlatives to describe how good Viz is. Any publication that refererred to Gove as 'the fish-faced fucker' is alright by me.
But, back to the (latest) Pistols box set, can anyone ID the eight unreleased tracks please? (Marky?!)
I can see CD 1 - tracks 4 and 5 listed as unreleased (No Feelings takes 2 and 3) but nothing else. Are any of the instrumental backing tracks new?
DISC 1:
1. No Feelings (Unreleased Take 2) (Chris Spedding – Majestic Studios Mixes, May 15th 1976)
2. No Feelings (Unreleased Take 2) (Chris Spedding – Majestic Studios Mixes, May 15th 1976)

DISC 2:
3. Anarchy In The UK (Instrumental (Manchester Square backing track)) [Mike Thorne Machester Square Studio Session Dec 11th 1976]
4. God Save The Queen (Instrumental) [Mike Thorne Machester Square Studio Session Dec 11th 1976]
5. Pretty Vacant (Instrumental) [Mike Thorne Manchester Square Studio Session Dec 11th 1976]
These three instrumentals have all released before on Sex Box they were hidden tracks at the end of each of the 3 discs. However it had long been thought that they were recorded at Wessex with Chris Thomas on December 27, 1976.

The other instrumental "No Feelings" from the Thorne session is also on Sex Box. So maybe its not these tracks they are referring to as part of the 8 unreleased tracks.

6. God Save The Queen (Unreleased Instrumental ) [Dave Goodman Eden Studio Mixes January 28th 1977 (recorded at Gooseberry Studios Jan 1977)]

DISC 3:
7. Bodies (Outtake – Instrumental June 18th 1977 ) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1977]

8. Belsen Was A Gas (Demo 2) [John Boogie Tiberi Denmark Street Rehearsal Room, London, Sept 20th 1977]

The second Belsen mix was only released on 7" as part of the 7" box set.

I've checked against the 35th anniversary Bollocks set and these tracks are not on it.

EMI (Outtake – March 3rd 1977 ) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1977]
God Save The Queen (Outtake – March 3rd 1977 ) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1978]
Bodies (Outtake – Instrumental June 18th 1977 ) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1979]
EMI (Outtake – August 12th 1977 ) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1980]
Satellite (Outtake – August 12th 1977 ) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1981]
Submission (Version 1 – Alternative Mix – August 12th 1977) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1982]
EMI (Alternative Mix – April 22nd 1977) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1983]
Seventeen (Alternative Mix – April 21st 1977) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1984]
No Feelings (Alternative Mix – April 14th 1977) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1985]
Submission (Version 2 – Alternative Mix – August 12th 1977) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1986]

Ignore the stupid 2nd listed dates as they are a mistake. It appears that these are alleged outtakes and alt. mixes. This tracklisting seems to be a mess.
Cash from chaos, indeed. :mrgreen:
Cheers Marky, I knew you'd shed some (satel)lite on things
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 8:15pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 7:16pm
JohnS wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 6:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 5:50pm
[Brilliant! You gotta love Viz.
There aren't adequate superlatives to describe how good Viz is. Any publication that refererred to Gove as 'the fish-faced fucker' is alright by me.
But, back to the (latest) Pistols box set, can anyone ID the eight unreleased tracks please? (Marky?!)
I can see CD 1 - tracks 4 and 5 listed as unreleased (No Feelings takes 2 and 3) but nothing else. Are any of the instrumental backing tracks new?
DISC 1:
1. No Feelings (Unreleased Take 2) (Chris Spedding – Majestic Studios Mixes, May 15th 1976)
2. No Feelings (Unreleased Take 2) (Chris Spedding – Majestic Studios Mixes, May 15th 1976)

DISC 2:
3. Anarchy In The UK (Instrumental (Manchester Square backing track)) [Mike Thorne Machester Square Studio Session Dec 11th 1976]
4. God Save The Queen (Instrumental) [Mike Thorne Machester Square Studio Session Dec 11th 1976]
5. Pretty Vacant (Instrumental) [Mike Thorne Manchester Square Studio Session Dec 11th 1976]
These three instrumentals have all released before on Sex Box they were hidden tracks at the end of each of the 3 discs. However it had long been thought that they were recorded at Wessex with Chris Thomas on December 27, 1976.

The other instrumental "No Feelings" from the Thorne session is also on Sex Box. So maybe its not these tracks they are referring to as part of the 8 unreleased tracks.

6. God Save The Queen (Unreleased Instrumental ) [Dave Goodman Eden Studio Mixes January 28th 1977 (recorded at Gooseberry Studios Jan 1977)]

DISC 3:
7. Bodies (Outtake – Instrumental June 18th 1977 ) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1977]

8. Belsen Was A Gas (Demo 2) [John Boogie Tiberi Denmark Street Rehearsal Room, London, Sept 20th 1977]

The second Belsen mix was only released on 7" as part of the 7" box set.

I've checked against the 35th anniversary Bollocks set and these tracks are not on it.

EMI (Outtake – March 3rd 1977 ) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1977]
God Save The Queen (Outtake – March 3rd 1977 ) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1978]
Bodies (Outtake – Instrumental June 18th 1977 ) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1979]
EMI (Outtake – August 12th 1977 ) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1980]
Satellite (Outtake – August 12th 1977 ) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1981]
Submission (Version 1 – Alternative Mix – August 12th 1977) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1982]
EMI (Alternative Mix – April 22nd 1977) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1983]
Seventeen (Alternative Mix – April 21st 1977) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1984]
No Feelings (Alternative Mix – April 14th 1977) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1985]
Submission (Version 2 – Alternative Mix – August 12th 1977) [Chris Thomas NMTB Sessions, Wessex Studios March – August 1986]

Ignore the stupid 2nd listed dates as they are a mistake. It appears that these are alleged outtakes and alt. mixes. This tracklisting seems to be a mess.
Cash from chaos, indeed. :mrgreen:
Cheers Marky, I knew you'd shed some (satel)lite on things
According to other sites there are 8 unreleased and 30 tracks digitized for the first time. I hope they have mastered stuff and not just rounded stuff up from other sources. I wonder who owns the stuff Dave Goodman worked now he's passed on. All those semi legit things. I hope they haven't just collected everything from them. Universal own the rights to the Pistols stuff that was on Virgin. Interesting timing what with this court case going on.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I don't think the three Instrumentals of Anarchy/GStQ/Pretty Vacant are from the Thorne session on the 11th December. He just had those tracks in his archive. GStQ was still known as No Future when they did the Thorne session. Its much longer than GStQ. Hardly likely they would record the old version and the new version on the same day. I think those 3 tracks are the backing tracks recorded for TV by Chris Thomas on the 27th December. He has mentioned recording TV backing tracks.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Only just seen this post and i am in at the moment watching this nostalgic film.

Well at 20.45 minutes in to the youtube video i get my own bit of nostalgia. The picture of the guy holding the placard warning against the evils of passion, dietry and sitting down he has on everyday promoted his beliefs relentlessly for over 25 years that i knew of. That placard never changed. He did it till his dying days for everyday (never missed 1 day) you would see him all day walking up and down oxford street just by the 100 club as well. You dont get characters like that anymore and such a shame he really was almost part of the London sight seeing importance and was known by most that frequented London. The poor guy has passed away now i heard god bless him(RIP)

Just the general walk about london for me is great to see and bringing back lots of my own personal memories - really enjoying this

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 4:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 4:04pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 3:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 2:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 2:08pm
I think it may be a case of John not liking the fact that "Pistol" is based on "Lonely Boy" and not "Rotten, No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs".
I can't help but think that this is the core point, even if it's unconscious on Lydon's part. Christ,just accept that there are multiple interpretations of what happened, with people privileging certain aspects and ignoring others. When you confuse your perspective or interpretation with objective truth, you set yourself up for thinking the world is filled with liars out to get you.
Pretty much this.

I like you think it should be an all or nothing stance from the band. John seems the most precious about the Pistols legacy. Cook 'n' Jones of course worked on the Swindle so they have already taken a large shit in that nest. ;)
Yeah, it's a paycheque to them, whereas for Lydon that history is tied up in his ego (and I don't mean that in a pejorative way). I don't have a real opinion on that—some history is worth holding tightly, some is best abandoned, and which is which depends on the person and their circumstances. And there's no love lost between the others and John, so whatever, grind it thru the courts.
I doubt very much there are any "lost" Pistols tracks or rarities (other than a few I have) so I don't think Pistols fans are going to lose out much. ;)

Hey Marky a new box set is coming out with some unreleased "lost" tracks.

:disshame:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Are the Spedding demo's the originals or the Goodman-tampered ones.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 6:53am
Well obviously I've not heard the new box. But it would appear to me that being it includes the two outtakes of "No Feeling" (note no ['s]) then I assume they were from Speddings original tape. I know he had them on a DAT.

It looks like the idea behind the comp is to nullify all the other unnecessary releases.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 7:50am
white man wrote:
Well obviously I've not heard the new box. But it would appear to me that being it includes the two outtakes of "No Feeling" (note no ['s]) then I assume they were from Speddings original tape. I know he had them on a DAT.

It looks like the idea behind the comp is to nullify all the other unnecessary releases.
Two of the Spedding tracks available now on streaming services

https://sexpistols.lnk.to/IG1

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

lmao, 90+ bucks for 4 cds (and a mug!) is a classic pistols move.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 12:35pm
£48.00 on Amazon but no mug. Well just this one who ordered it. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 12:53pm
£48.00 on Amazon but no mug. Well just this one who ordered it. ;)
Oh, that's more reasonable. I just looked the Pistols website.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Flex wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 12:35pm
It's a swindle

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:

This surely has to be the end unless there's a hidden treasure of soundboards.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 2:00am
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:

This surely has to be the end unless there's a hidden treasure of soundboards.
Unlikely but who knows mate. I'm stunned that after all the years I had never heard of any outtakes from the Spedding session. I can't ever remember reading about any. I wonder how many takes there were.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

One of the Anarchy tracks is now on Spotify. Speed-corrected? I’m not sure?