It's Always Sunny – Season 6

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: It's Always Sunny – Season 6

Post by Inder »

Didn't realize the new season had started, got some catching up to do...

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Just caught up — still good for some solid laughs, but it feels like the show's really showing its age, sadly. A lot of the topical stuff doesn't really come off and there's a whiff of desperation to the callbacks (Don Cheadle, Pepperjack etc) which have been creeping in the past few years.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 5:57pm
Just caught up — still good for some solid laughs, but it feels like the show's really showing its age, sadly. A lot of the topical stuff doesn't really come off and there's a whiff of desperation to the callbacks (Don Cheadle, Pepperjack etc) which have been creeping in the past few years.
Yeah, that's pretty much my take. It's far from Simpsons-painful but the humour doesn't have the same grit anymore. I watch more out of habit than expectation now.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 6:16pm
Inder wrote:
Yeah, that's pretty much my take. It's far from Simpsons-painful but the humour doesn't have the same grit anymore. I watch more out of habit than expectation now.
I agree too, but I was excited for Pepper jack.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Watched the final episodes of the short season. Kinda limped to the finish line. :meh:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Dec 2021, 1:31pm
Watched the final episodes of the short season. Kinda limped to the finish line. :meh:
Its over already?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Dec 2021, 6:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Its over already?
Yup. Just eight episodes. The premiere was the best, imo.

OTOH, the current season of Curb has been pretty decent, better than in several years.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Dec 2021, 7:12pm
revbob wrote:
24 Dec 2021, 6:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Its over already?
Yup. Just eight episodes. The premiere was the best, imo.

OTOH, the current season of Curb has been pretty decent, better than in several years.
I'll pick up hbo again eventually. I see the Amazing Gemstones are coming back

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

amj241
Dirty Punk

Post by amj241 »

Inder wrote:
Agreed. The season got a good amount of laughs from me, but nothing like the earlier/mid seasons. I know they’ve been doing topical episodes forever, but they just don’t hit the way they used to. I’ll still always watch any new season they release but my expectations are much lower than they used to be.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

i missed one, i dont remember the lottery ticket, i havent multi-watched the later seasons

amj241
Dirty Punk

Post by amj241 »

tepista wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 10:51pm
i missed one, i dont remember the lottery ticket, i havent multi-watched the later seasons
That’s the one I missed too. I remembered the episode but couldn’t remember the end at all.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A shitty ol' 50%. I only got the ones I knew; all my guesses were wrong.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I've been rewatching in order, and even the eps that I've seen over and over are still fantastic. Then I got to season 12, and halfway through 13, they fucking stink. These are all eps I've only seen once, and all I can think of when I'm watching "is this ovber yet?". The Gang Turns Black, horrible. Boggs female reboot, horrible. The Bathroom Situation, which I just watched a minute ago, horrible. There's some laughs, but no standout eps. I think it re-establishes itself, though, was this when everyone had a side project and maybe they were putting less effort?