IMCT is 20! Great Threads (2012-2022)

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: IMCT is 20! Great Threads (2012-2022)

Post by Kory »

Low Down Low wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 12:04pm
Mimi wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 11:56am
I remember LaVonne. Mr Diem kinda yelled at me when I had the "every sperm is sacred" line in my signature. For the life of me, I never understood why it bothered him so but I changed it because I was tired of his attitude.
You mean, he got very irate ;)
Are you comparing mr. diem to god? Perhaps he'd have liked that.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I choose to take Death or Glory's nun fucking as consensual.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Kory wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 1:38pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I remember LaVonne. Mr Diem kinda yelled at me when I had the "every sperm is sacred" line in my signature. For the life of me, I never understood why it bothered him so but I changed it because I was tired of his attitude.
Well, from all I've heard and remember of him, it does sound like he may have had some inkling of a God complex.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 2:17pm
Kory wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 1:38pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Well, from all I've heard and remember of him, it does sound like he may have had some inkling of a God complex.
What does god need of an hdmi cable?
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

snoh was in New Jersey. I remember that for some reason.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 3:40pm
New Jersey is the Japan of the United States, so that explains my confusion.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 4:05pm
Wolter wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 3:40pm
New Jersey is the Japan of the United States, so that explains my confusion.
:ugeek:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I really liked Joe Public. And I miss PH a lot.

I don't miss that Scottish antisemite dude.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 11:27am
That will Judeicana for mossadbug!

For a place that has drawn some absolutely amazing human beings, it's also attracted some nasty boot scrapings.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 12:32pm
JennyB wrote:

For a place that has drawn some absolutely amazing human beings, it's also attracted some nasty boot scrapings.
It's to our credit that we invariably run them out of town.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 4:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

There is a definite community culture. I have no problem with criticism that we're not as pluralist as we could be; there has to be some core shared values and that means choices. So, sorry paranoid religious gun nuts and homophobes and antisemites, your Clash fandom isn't enough.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 6:41pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

There is a definite community culture. I have no problem with criticism that we're not as pluralist as we could be; there has to be some core shared values and that means choices. So, sorry paranoid religious gun nuts and homophobes and antisemites, your Clash fandom isn't enough.
I think we're welcoming as we possibly can be for a group this size. We are friendly to newcomers unless they are jerks or really clueless (and I mean REALLY clueless), it seems to me that most people just drop out on their own, either because we don't talk about the Clash enough, because they don't want to talk about the stuff that we often do, or they just aren't suited to long-term BB usage. I grant that it's hard to penetrate a longstanding group with in-jokes like ours, but it has been done by more recent members like Tom and WWK, etc. I expect it's the same as joining any in-person group—you just need to have things in common and a similar sense of humor.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 2:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I think we're welcoming as we possibly can be for a group this size. We are friendly to newcomers unless they are jerks or really clueless (and I mean REALLY clueless), it seems to me that most people just drop out on their own, either because we don't talk about the Clash enough, because they don't want to talk about the stuff that we often do, or they just aren't suited to long-term BB usage. I grant that it's hard to penetrate a longstanding group with in-jokes like ours, but it has been done by more recent members like Tom and WWK, etc. I expect it's the same as joining any in-person group—you just need to have things in common and a similar sense of humor.
Yeah I want to say we've had some good new blood show up the past few years. If we were to do a correlation of everyone's favorite music artists , genres, movies, tv shows etc there would be a lot of overlap/common ground. Same if we were to list our least faves .

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 3:09pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah I want to say we've had some good new blood show up the past few years. If we were to do a correlation of everyone's favorite music artists , genres, movies, tv shows etc there would be a lot of overlap/common ground. Same if we were to list our least faves .
It has been satisfying that we've had several new people, and some lurkers like Sparky and Kimmelweck (he was a lurker, too, I think), come in and find the culture here appealing. I don't think we're stand-offish, but there is necessarily some insularity from familiarity, and if a person doesn't accept that it ain't all Clash, all the time (or even more than, like, 10% of the time), it won't work for them. The storefront of the board is fundamentally deceptive advertising now, but framing this place as jaded music fans who yak about their various fetishes would be tough even for Don Draper.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 3:43pm
revbob wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 3:09pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

It has been satisfying that we've had several new people, and some lurkers like Sparky and Kimmelweck (he was a lurker, too, I think), come in and find the culture here appealing. I don't think we're stand-offish, but there is necessarily some insularity from familiarity, and if a person doesn't accept that it ain't all Clash, all the time (or even more than, like, 10% of the time), it won't work for them. The storefront of the board is fundamentally deceptive advertising now, but framing this place as jaded music fans who yak about their various fetishes would be tough even for Don Draper.
But at the same time if someone new was down for some DCT we'd all be in... :shifty: