Would/Should/Could The Clash headline Glastonbury?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Would/Should/Could The Clash headline Glastonbury?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 9:04am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 7:23am
Heston wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 5:04am
What we really need is a full curation of the archives.
Turn Marky loose on their archives. I'm serious here. He's got skill plus he operates out of love of the music, not ego.
I'd get right behind that but he probably hasn't got the right letters after his name.
How much would it cost to get him an OBE? :shifty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 9:18am
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Turn Marky loose on their archives. I'm serious here. He's got skill plus he operates out of love of the music, not ego.
I'd get right behind that but he probably hasn't got the right letters after his name.
Seems to be somewhere in the £1-1.5m bracket though i think the below example is for an mbe so you might have to add a further 50% for the obe or thereabouts.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ar-honours

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 9:46am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Seems to be somewhere in the £1-1.5m bracket though i think the below example is for an mbe so you might have to add a further 50% for the obe or thereabouts.

Shit, sorry, Marky, we’ll have to be budget conscious and go for the MBE. Bake sale time, folks!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Low Down Low wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 4:14pm
Plus, the only way they'd get to be a main stage headliner at Glastonbury would be to have Bruce or some other mega star stand in for Joe.
How advanced is that hologram technology?
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 9:59am
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Shit, sorry, Marky, we’ll have to be budget conscious and go for the MBE. Bake sale time, folks!
You'll not be at all surprised to learn that Boris Johnson is a huge lifelong clash fan so I'd fancy some class of discount could be arranged.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

oliver wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 10:27am
Low Down Low wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 4:14pm
Plus, the only way they'd get to be a main stage headliner at Glastonbury would be to have Bruce or some other mega star stand in for Joe.
How advanced is that hologram technology?
I'd rather just get the geezer who played Joe in that crap London Town film than even have to think about that shit tbh. It's already being done though, right?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 10:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

You'll not be at all surprised to learn that Boris Johnson is a huge lifelong clash fan so I'd fancy some class of discount could be arranged.
I’d bet a year’s worth of Olaf’s stickenflavourbars that he can’t name even one non-single.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 10:52am
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I’d bet a year’s worth of Olaf’s stickenflavourbars that he can’t name even one non-single.
I'd up the ante and say 2 years worth of Olafs stickenflavourbars to name 2 actual singles. If the uk had a functioning opposition, that would be the lead in the next edition of prime minister's questions, but we'll probably just get the usual flim flam about war and the cost of living.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 11:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

I'd up the ante and say 2 years worth of Olafs stickenflavourbars to name 2 actual singles. If the uk had a functioning opposition, that would be the lead in the next edition of prime minister's questions, but we'll probably just get the usual flim flam about war and the cost of living.
"Well, there's 'Stand By Your Man' and that 'Rocket Casper' song."

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

He chose The Clash's version of "Pressure Drop" for his Desert Island Discs a few years back. I know people won't like it but even the Clash have fans who are cunts.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

MacCartney's been duetting with that giant video Lennon (something John would find very funny, I'm sure) on this tour. I guess that's the best way of a Clash reunion, but I still wouldn't want it.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 11:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

He chose The Clash's version of "Pressure Drop" for his Desert Island Discs a few years back. I know people won't like it but even the Clash have fans who are cunts.
Someone told him to pick that. No way he knows that on his own.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I was only half joking when i said Johnson was, or claims to be, a huge clash fan. I dimly recall the fucker bragging once about Joe sending him a letter when he was employed by the Daily Telegraph and another typically hilarious story about him punching his sister in the face during an argument over the clash. But, yeah, every band has fans who are 24 carat cunts.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Remember David Cameron's love of Eton Rifles, that is beyond irony.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 12:19pm
Remember David Cameron's love of Eton Rifles, that is beyond irony.
I enjoyed the absurdity of Johnny Marr publicly prohibiting Cameron from liking "This Charming Man."