Wildlife Encounters

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 7380
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Mimi »


Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 103148
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss just shared with me a photo she took this morning. Note the guy climbing the frontmost bird bath.
IMG_6021.jpeg
"And I said, 'I ate hot-buttered corn all night.' Anyway, about the Soviet Union." - Winston Churchill, "Iron Curtain" speech, 5 March 1946

Sparky
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2571
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 8:19pm
The Boss just shared with me a photo she took this morning. Note the guy climbing the frontmost bird bath.
IMG_6021.jpeg
Well yeah, it's been hot lately, a cool dip in your bird bath would be just the thing.
"How can the Replacements be the best band of the 80's when I've never even heard of them?" - Jon Bon Jovi - Musician Magazine 1989

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 103148
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 8:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 8:19pm
The Boss just shared with me a photo she took this morning. Note the guy climbing the frontmost bird bath.
IMG_6021.jpeg
Well yeah, it's been hot lately, a cool dip in your bird bath would be just the thing.
They’ve pulled one down earlier this summer. Not a big deal, but one of those “it’s always something” moments with the critters.
"And I said, 'I ate hot-buttered corn all night.' Anyway, about the Soviet Union." - Winston Churchill, "Iron Curtain" speech, 5 March 1946

Spiff
User avatar
Mostly Nekkid
Posts: 4296
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:23am
Location: In the Spiff Bunker

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Spiff »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 8:19pm
The Boss just shared with me a photo she took this morning. Note the guy climbing the frontmost bird bath.
IMG_6021.jpeg
That's a nice looking backyard you have there, Dr. "One Shed" Medulla. :shifty:
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 19956
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by revbob »

Your backyard is looking rather unkempt

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 103148
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 9:20pm
Your backyard is looking rather unkempt
It's a work in progress. We—which is to say I—dug up all the grass this summer and we started converting everything to flower beds. We're a couple years still before things properly fill in. The hose lying around is on The Boss. I put stuff away after I use it.
"And I said, 'I ate hot-buttered corn all night.' Anyway, about the Soviet Union." - Winston Churchill, "Iron Curtain" speech, 5 March 1946

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3459
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Low Down Low »

Looks pretty good to me anyway. Might just be my excuse for general slovenliness, but I'm a bit of a Thatcherite when it comes to gardens ie minimal state interference and let the markets (flora and fauna) pretty much regulate themselves.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 53816
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 8:19pm
The Boss just shared with me a photo she took this morning. Note the guy climbing the frontmost bird bath.
IMG_6021.jpeg
You've been holding out on us all these years. That is clearly Mick's shed at the end of your garden. Us Clash fans were led to believe it had gone missing. But no there it is in all it's glory!
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty


We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3459
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 7:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 8:19pm
The Boss just shared with me a photo she took this morning. Note the guy climbing the frontmost bird bath.
IMG_6021.jpeg
You've been holding out on us all these years. That is clearly Mick's shed at the end of your garden. Us Clash fans were led to believe it had gone missing. But no there it is in all it's glory!
Feet to fire time with a new unexpected twist!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 103148
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 7:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 8:19pm
The Boss just shared with me a photo she took this morning. Note the guy climbing the frontmost bird bath.
IMG_6021.jpeg
You've been holding out on us all these years. That is clearly Mick's shed at the end of your garden. Us Clash fans were led to believe it had gone missing. But no there it is in all it's glory!
There's a reason why the shed is called Lewisham … :shifty:
"And I said, 'I ate hot-buttered corn all night.' Anyway, about the Soviet Union." - Winston Churchill, "Iron Curtain" speech, 5 March 1946

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 103148
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 7:07am
Looks pretty good to me anyway. Might just be my excuse for general slovenliness, but I'm a bit of a Thatcherite when it comes to gardens ie minimal state interference and let the markets (flora and fauna) pretty much regulate themselves.
The Boss is a big proponent of letting things develop as they will. I'm more of an organizer type of person. But I'm also ignorant about what's a plant and what's a weed, so I generally step back.
"And I said, 'I ate hot-buttered corn all night.' Anyway, about the Soviet Union." - Winston Churchill, "Iron Curtain" speech, 5 March 1946

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3459
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 8:16am
Low Down Low wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 7:07am
Looks pretty good to me anyway. Might just be my excuse for general slovenliness, but I'm a bit of a Thatcherite when it comes to gardens ie minimal state interference and let the markets (flora and fauna) pretty much regulate themselves.
The Boss is a big proponent of letting things develop as they will. I'm more of an organizer type of person. But I'm also ignorant about what's a plant and what's a weed, so I generally step back.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way anti gardening at all. My mothers garden is one of my favourite places to sit, it actually looks quite wild but a very carefully cultivated wildness which i love. It's the constant sound of mowers and trimmers that puts me off and with the freaky lack of rainfall we've been experiencing over the past few months, the neighbourhood has been unusually quiet for this time of year. So not really an encouraging sign when you think about it.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 103148
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: An Ice Floe in Uncharted Waters

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 8:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 8:16am
Low Down Low wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 7:07am
Looks pretty good to me anyway. Might just be my excuse for general slovenliness, but I'm a bit of a Thatcherite when it comes to gardens ie minimal state interference and let the markets (flora and fauna) pretty much regulate themselves.
The Boss is a big proponent of letting things develop as they will. I'm more of an organizer type of person. But I'm also ignorant about what's a plant and what's a weed, so I generally step back.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way anti gardening at all. My mothers garden is one of my favourite places to sit, it actually looks quite wild but a very carefully cultivated wildness which i love. It's the constant sound of mowers and trimmers that puts me off and with the freaky lack of rainfall we've been experiencing over the past few months, the neighbourhood has been unusually quiet for this time of year. So not really an encouraging sign when you think about it.
Nobody in our neighbourhood has a lawn of any consequence—we were unusual in that small patch back there before I dug it up—so there's none of that irritating mower sound. Another couple years, tho, and the plants will have spread enough to really build up a lushness that'll make things pleasing.
"And I said, 'I ate hot-buttered corn all night.' Anyway, about the Soviet Union." - Winston Churchill, "Iron Curtain" speech, 5 March 1946

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 53816
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Wildlife Encounters

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 8:13am
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 7:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 8:19pm
The Boss just shared with me a photo she took this morning. Note the guy climbing the frontmost bird bath.
IMG_6021.jpeg
You've been holding out on us all these years. That is clearly Mick's shed at the end of your garden. Us Clash fans were led to believe it had gone missing. But no there it is in all it's glory!
There's a reason why the shed is called Lewisham … :shifty:
🤣
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty


We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

Post Reply