Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 2:48pm
revbob wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 2:43pm
Kory wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 2:28pm
The Sandman is splendid, splendid, splendid
Is the guy in the lead role supposed to be an emotionless douchbag that I want to punch in the face all the time? It doesn't help that he looks like a refugee from some crappy 80s MTV video. But yeah it was pretty good despite him.
I see you haven't read the comic.
You are correct sir. I only watched it because my wife was watching. Unless its maybe a MAD from the late 70s/early 80s comic I have not read it.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 3:14pm
Kory wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 2:48pm
revbob wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 2:43pm
Kory wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 2:28pm
The Sandman is splendid, splendid, splendid
Is the guy in the lead role supposed to be an emotionless douchbag that I want to punch in the face all the time? It doesn't help that he looks like a refugee from some crappy 80s MTV video. But yeah it was pretty good despite him.
I see you haven't read the comic.
You are correct sir. I only watched it because my wife was watching. Unless its maybe a MAD from the late 70s/early 80s comic I have not read it.
Yeah he's a jerk in the comics too.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Howard Beale
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by Howard Beale »

Any Better Call Saul fans? I thought the finale was pretty much perfect—a much better ending than Breaking Bad, IMHO.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Howard Beale wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 11:18pm
Any Better Call Saul fans? I thought the finale was pretty much perfect—a much better ending than Breaking Bad, IMHO.
I watched the first season and really enjoyed it, but just didn't get to the rest (yet). It's definitely on my list to get back to, especially since I know there won't be a letdown at the end.

Bob odenkirk has been doing real great stuff lately. I loved that movie Nobody from a couple years ago. Highly recommend it if you haven't seen that.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 11:31pm
Bob odenkirk has been doing real great stuff lately. I loved that movie Nobody from a couple years ago. Highly recommend it if you haven't seen that.
Back in Mr. Show days, I don't think anyone would have anticipated BO becoming a star, let alone in dramatic roles. David Cross seemed the one who would break thru in comedy, which seemed to happen with Arrested Development. And then he largely settled into voice work and guest star parts (perhaps by choice?).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Very late to the party but I just started Stranger Things.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 7:33am
I liked the first one, kinda shrugged my shoulders at the second, and haven't bothered with anything since.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 7:59am
Mimi wrote:
I liked the first one, kinda shrugged my shoulders at the second, and haven't bothered with anything since.
It has a strong start, but by the fourth episode, I'm already seeing cracks. I'll stick it out. This isn't really my genre.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Howard Beale wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 11:18pm
Haven't seen the latest season yet.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I did see the finale of Killing Eve. Villanelle has really been one of my favorite characters these past many years.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 9:40am
I did see the finale of Killing Eve. Villanelle has really been one of my favorite characters these past many years.
I half-watched the series because The Boss did. I didn't really know what was going on, but she was mesmerizing. I gather, tho, that the whole thing got a lot of criticism for resorting to the trope that gay characters have to die.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Mimi wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 9:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
It has a strong start, but by the fourth episode, I'm already seeing cracks. I'll stick it out. This isn't really my genre.
Each season is reasonably self contained so I'd probably recommend sticking through the end of season one and then peacing out. I like most of the show (the recent season four was particularly strong) but it's appeal is really to genre nostalgists. The first season is well crafted enough that I think it's appeal is broader, but after that I imagine youd find it increasingly dull or irritating.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 10:34am
Mimi wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 9:23am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Each season is reasonably self contained so I'd probably recommend sticking through the end of season one and then peacing out. I like most of the show (the recent season four was particularly strong) but it's appeal is really to genre nostalgists. The first season is well crafted enough that I think it's appeal is broader, but after that I imagine youd find it increasingly dull or irritating.
Its more entertaining if you have a crush on Ms Ryder.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 10:17am
revbob wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 9:40am
I half-watched the series because The Boss did. I didn't really know what was going on, but she was mesmerizing. I gather, tho, that the whole thing got a lot of criticism for resorting to the trope that gay characters have to die.
I assumed it was how the book(s) ended but apparently not so that's odd.