25 Aug 2022, 12:19pm
JennyB wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 10:52am
Mimi wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 10:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 8:54am
I nearly spit out my croissant.
Me too, if only I was eating a croissant.

I really want a croissant now.
Don't envy. It was only from Costco. :yuck: If you haven't tried it yet, get the chocolate croissant from Panera. Muh. Gawd.
You mean ST. LOUIS BREAD COMPANY. :mrgreen:

And I agree. It's delicious.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 3:14pm
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 8:54am

Don't envy. It was only from Costco. :yuck: If you haven't tried it yet, get the chocolate croissant from Panera. Muh. Gawd.

Don't eat anything there except bread though.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 4:28pm
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Seconded.
Panera makes me poop.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 7:39pm
Kory wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 4:28pm
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Seconded.
Panera makes me poop.
I refer to it as Pantera Bread because I hate it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

God damn this was a fun watch. Rude petulant young adult is far more aware of his rights than the two cops (one in particular is quite shitty).
"Stop cussing."
"Go fuck yourself."
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 10:41am

God damn this was a fun watch. Rude petulant young adult is far more aware of his rights than the two cops (one in particular is quite shitty).
"Stop cussing."
"Go fuck yourself."
Holy shit, that kid has remarkable presence of mind beyond knowledge of his rights. That video should be used as a citizen's educational tool (tho there's no way the cops would sign off on it).

(Still, it's not hard to imagine how that would have gone if the kid's skin tone wasn't so pale.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 10:54am
matedog wrote:

"Stop cussing."
"Go fuck yourself."
Holy shit, that kid has remarkable presence of mind beyond knowledge of his rights. That video should be used as a citizen's educational tool (tho there's no way the cops would sign off on it).

(Still, it's not hard to imagine how that would have gone if the kid's skin tone wasn't so pale.)
Yeah and a the kid is lucky the second cop showed up when he did as the first turned his camera off. He had to turn it back on when the other one showed up.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 10:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

"Stop cussing."
"Go fuck yourself."

Yeah and a the kid is lucky the second cop showed up when he did as the first turned his camera off. He had to turn it back on when the other one showed up.
I'm curious how that went public. Did the kid actually file a complaint and gain possession of the recordings?

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 11:06am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

"Stop cussing."
"Go fuck yourself."

I'm curious how that went public. Did the kid actually file a complaint and gain possession of the recordings?
Comments on reddit said FOIA, but not specifically sure what triggered it. The kid mentioned a lawsuit against another police department, so maybe he initiated it in preparation for a lawsuit against these guys.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Yes interesting and entertaining but a black kid on his own would not have fared so well and quite possibly would be dead. This is also a text book case of white privilege for those who struggle with the concept and should be shown in schools as a teaching aide for that reason too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 12:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 11:06am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

"Stop cussing."
"Go fuck yourself."

Comments on reddit said FOIA, but not specifically sure what triggered it. The kid mentioned a lawsuit against another police department, so maybe he initiated it in preparation for a lawsuit against these guys.
Right—someone has to request it and it won't be the cops. The kid was ballsy enough that it makes sense he immediately wanted to claim a copy to shame them. I don't normally say this, but I hope that kid goes to law school so that he can terrorize cops for a living.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

It's nice to see that the cops retained their 6 hours of training or whatever.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 12:04pm
Yes interesting and entertaining but a black kid on his own would not have fared so well and quite possibly would be dead. This is also a text book case of white privilege for those who struggle with the concept and should be shown in schools as a teaching aide for that reason too.
Definitely reminded me of this bit from DL Hughley:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Florida Cop Stops Pregnant Woman In Pain From Going To ER For Honking After He Blocked Entrance

https://www.comicsands.com/u/benacosta