That was then this is now

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
motorsmell
Junco Partner

That was then this is now

Post by motorsmell »

Just reading the return of the last gang book and it references a tv show called "That was then this is now" which Mick is quoted from a lot does anyone know if this is avaible anywhere? Also there is mention of a London SS rehearsal tape that got bootlegged is this true? Why hasnt it ever surfaced again, or have i missed it?

Ta

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: That was then this is now

Post by Heston »

The London SS tape has never surfaced.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Nice one cheers!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

motorsmell wrote:
14 Sep 2022, 12:23am
Nice one cheers!
It's been mentioned that when Generation X had their first album remastered couple of years back Tony James had his copy of the London SS tape remastered at the same time. Not that there's any intention to release it but at least it exists and has been preserved.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 4:36am
motorsmell wrote:
Nice one cheers!
It's been mentioned that when Generation X had their first album remastered couple of years back Tony James had his copy of the London SS tape remastered at the same time. Not that there's any intention to release it but at least it exists and has been preserved.
Whoa! Surely if they went to the effort of remastering it there was at least an inclination to release it at some point? Perhaps Mick wasn't up for it...would love to see Jones 001 set come to fruition.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

motorsmell wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 7:07am
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Nice one cheers!
Whoa! Surely if they went to the effort of remastering it there was at least an inclination to release it at some point? Perhaps Mick wasn't up for it...would love to see Jones 001 set come to fruition.
Me too. But the purpose of getting it remastered at that point was so it could be paid for on the record companies money. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 8:09am
motorsmell wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Nice one cheers!
Me too. But the purpose of getting it remastered at that point was so it could be paid for on the record companies money. 😉
Of course, that makes sense.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Nice one cheers!
Would the record company not have some kind of rider that gives them some control over the things they're paying to remaster?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 6:28pm
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Nice one cheers!
Would the record company not have some kind of rider that gives them some control over the things they're paying to remaster?
I'm sure they probably do. However it depends on who and where it's being remastered. I doubt anyone is sitting over the guys shoulder when he's remastering. So on the parent companies dime I expect many things for private use are done.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 8:07pm
Kory wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 6:28pm
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I'm sure they probably do. However it depends on who and where it's being remastered. I doubt anyone is sitting over the guys shoulder when he's remastering. So on the parent companies dime I expect many things for private use are done.
I'd do the same thing.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc