Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Pets.

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 6:20pm
Mimi wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 3:50pm
I'm so proud of Licorice. Butters gets in these moods where he'll go on a rampage and pick on her. I'm always playing referee because he can't stop himself. She spits and hisses and hides. I've tried teaching her to jump up on something high to get away from him because Butters doesn't jump much. We have a "bar" around a corner of the the kitchen counter where, if you wanted, you can sit and eat. It's higher than the counter so it takes effort to get up there. Licorice is the jumper in the family. Anyway, I taught her to that it was where she should go when he does this to her by picking her up and placing her there myself. I didn't think she'd ever catch on, to be honest, but today, as soon as I stepped in, she ran over to the chair and jumped up onto the bar. Finally.
Yay Licorice, boo Butters!

(We have the same problems in our house. Luke perpetually thinks the ladies want to play; they do not.)
Is it playing or attacking? I'm asking because with him I can't tell.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 6:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I'm so proud of Licorice. Butters gets in these moods where he'll go on a rampage and pick on her. I'm always playing referee because he can't stop himself. She spits and hisses and hides. I've tried teaching her to jump up on something high to get away from him because Butters doesn't jump much. We have a "bar" around a corner of the the kitchen counter where, if you wanted, you can sit and eat. It's higher than the counter so it takes effort to get up there. Licorice is the jumper in the family. Anyway, I taught her to that it was where she should go when he does this to her by picking her up and placing her there myself. I didn't think she'd ever catch on, to be honest, but today, as soon as I stepped in, she ran over to the chair and jumped up onto the bar. Finally.

(We have the same problems in our house. Luke perpetually thinks the ladies want to play; they do not.)
Luke's playing. Occasionally he'll actually horsecollar and take Charlotte or Zoë down, but a lot of the time he'll just catch up and tap them on the shoulder. He's not malicious, he's just really full of energy and very social. Like, most cats are basically loners, but we can tell he really likes having two other cats around.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 6:48pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Luke's playing. Occasionally he'll actually horsecollar and take Charlotte or Zoë down, but a lot of the time he'll just catch up and tap them on the shoulder. He's not malicious, he's just really full of energy and very social. Like, most cats are basically loners, but we can tell he really likes having two other cats around.
With him, it seems more aggressive. ☹️

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 8:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

That's very strange given that they're littermates, so they've always been together and their status long-established. I assume he's always been the dominant one? If this is somewhat recent new behaviour, I'd think there's some pheromone somesuch that is triggering him. Either that or you're misjudging his intentions.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 8:37pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That's very strange given that they're littermates, so they've always been together and their status long-established. I assume he's always been the dominant one? If this is somewhat recent new behaviour, I'd think there's some pheromone somesuch that is triggering him. Either that or you're misjudging his intentions.
This started after Kitty died. She was the buffer between them. He's the dom, for sure. They used to play, but she doesn't like his aggression and gets pissy real fast.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 8:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

This started after Kitty died. She was the buffer between them. He's the dom, for sure. They used to play, but she doesn't like his aggression and gets pissy real fast.
It may be more on her, I'm afraid. Luke used terrorize both girls until Zoë fought back a few times and now he doesn't push it (they even sort of play at times, chasing each other, but Z hisses the moment he gets too intrusive; he's basically cool with the give and take). But Charlotte doesn't fight back. She just runs and hisses and, in general, acts like a target. If Licorice fought back, it might stop, but, well, how do you communicate that to her? The best you can do is what you have done, show her how to escape. That sucks but unless she pushes back, he's going to be a dick.

Fake edit: You could look into something called Felaway, which is a synthetic pheromone that is meant to relax cats when they breathe it in. We tried it. Maybe it worked? Can't say for sure.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 9:03pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It may be more on her, I'm afraid. Luke used terrorize both girls until Zoë fought back a few times and now he doesn't push it (they even sort of play at times, chasing each other, but Z hisses the moment he gets too intrusive; he's basically cool with the give and take). But Charlotte doesn't fight back. She just runs and hisses and, in general, acts like a target. If Licorice fought back, it might stop, but, well, how do you communicate that to her? The best you can do is what you have done, show her how to escape. That sucks but unless she pushes back, he's going to be a dick.

Fake edit: You could look into something called Felaway, which is a synthetic pheromone that is meant to relax cats when they breathe it in. We tried it. Maybe it worked? Can't say for sure.
I try to tell her to sock him a good one, but she doesn't get it for some reason. Cats, what're ya gonna do? But seriously, he wouldn't do this if she didn't overreact. It just eggs him on. She's an insecure cat, always has been, but with Kitty in the picture it didn't matter. Now that she's gone, L is a target.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 9:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 9:03pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I try to tell her to sock him a good one, but she doesn't get it for some reason. Cats, what're ya gonna do? But seriously, he wouldn't do this if she didn't overreact. It just eggs him on. She's an insecure cat, always has been, but with Kitty in the picture it didn't matter. Now that she's gone, L is a target.
Yup, that's it with Luke. The moment Zoë started fighting back, he stopped chasing her. Now she can strut by and he doesn’t do anything. But Charlotte runs every time and he lusts for opportunities to chase her. Again, not to attack, but to chase. Sometimes he’ll just run beside her so she knows, I coulda caught ya, baby, and then he breaks off. And, like Licorice, Charlotte is fundamentally insecure. So many things scare her, which I’m sure he knows. My poor little girl needs to be in a sanitarium.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Visiting our daughter and her fiancé, they have a couple of cats. Snickers is a Siberian and Brownie is a kitten they are fostering for a local shelter here in Hoover. I think they may end up keeping Brownie, he’s a good company for Snickers.
Attachments
20220922_142554.jpg
20220922_154324.jpg
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Cuuuuuute!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 9:20am
Visiting our daughter and her fiancé, they have a couple of cats. Snickers is a Siberian and Brownie is a kitten they are fostering for a local shelter here in Hoover. I think they may end up keeping Brownie, he’s a good company for Snickers.
Kitty cats make the home. :approve:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Our sunny front porch is a favorite spot for the neighborhood cats.
20221003_094922.jpg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 9:51am

20221003_094922.jpg
Do you know the cat or is he/she a wandering hobo?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 10:56am
revbob wrote:

20221003_094922.jpg
Not sure where this one lives but it looks well cared for and isnt overly skittish.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 10:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 10:56am
revbob wrote:

20221003_094922.jpg
Not sure where this one lives but it looks well cared for and isnt overly skittish.
He's yours now.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy