Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 4:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 4:34pm
Kory wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 3:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 6:28am
Kory wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 8:58pm

I’m also an NYC lover but I prefer to walk everywhere, there’s so many weird things to stumble across that I’d have missed on the subway.
That's the Boss and I. And that's something we love about New York, that it's full of pedestrians, people who know how to walk out in public.
Seattle DOESN'T have this, we instead have people who stop in the middle of the sidewalk to text somebody.
Yeah, that's here as well. The classic "stop at the top of the escalator, try to get on the elevator before it empties" mentality. I have murdered so many people with my eyes in those situations.
New York's alright if you like saxophones
I'd love to see a sports team called the New York Saxophones. Instant weirdo cred.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Beyond Meat suspends executive after he was arrested on suspicion of biting a man's nose

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/20/busi ... index.html

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 9:03pm
Beyond Meat suspends executive after he was arrested on suspicion of biting a man's nose

The cravings got to be too much, I guess
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 9:16pm
revbob wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 9:03pm

The cravings got to be too much, I guess
Its certainly beyond the traditional meat stuffs.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

A woman followed me on Instagram a while ago, but I never paid attention to her, because bots. Her name kept popping up in my "who to follow" recommendations so I clicked on her page. Her profile picture was only her face, eyes closed, with a oxygen breathing thingy in her nostrils. Curious, I checked out her posts. Every single picture was of her hospital food from the position of her bed. Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. It was the weirdest thing. Yet, she has a lot of followers.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 12:25pm
A woman followed me on Instagram a while ago, but I never paid attention to her, because bots. Her name kept popping up in my "who to follow" recommendations so I clicked on her page. Her profile picture was only her face, eyes closed, with a oxygen breathing thingy in her nostrils. Curious, I checked out her posts. Every single picture was of her hospital food from the position of her bed. Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. It was the weirdest thing. Yet, she has a lot of followers.
Successful religions have relied on less for origin stories. Get in on the ground floor and follow the Church of Hospital Jello.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
There's a whole social media subculture of "Munchies," aka people with Munchausen syndrome who derive pleasure from the attention they get from posts about their medical issues. I have a former co-worker who basically posts nothing but health-related posts, and it's mind boggling. Maybe this is like a subset of that?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 2:50pm
Mimi wrote:
There's a whole social media subculture of "Munchies," aka people with Munchausen syndrome who derive pleasure from the attention they get from posts about their medical issues. I have a former co-worker who basically posts nothing but health-related posts, and it's mind boggling. Maybe this is like a subset of that?
Could be. But now I'm curious about these Munchies.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Im not looking for an outpouring of sympathy or anything of the sort, this is the 4th anniversary of my mom's passing. Im raising a glass or six to her tonight. She was a great mom, wife, teacher, union member. I miss her.

Cheers!!!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 8:03pm
Im not looking for an outpouring of sympathy or anything of the sort, this is the 4th anniversary of my mom's passing. Im raising a glass or six to her tonight. She was a great mom, wife, teacher, union member. I miss her.

Cheers!!!!
To the memory of your mom and her superb legacy!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:

Cheers!!!!
Respects to your mom rev. She sounds a fine lady.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:

Cheers!!!!
Like Doc & Marky said, good for you for honoring the memory of your mom, this in it's self proves she raised you right.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:

Cheers!!!!
She sounded awesome. Raising a glass to her as well.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I started a job this week, it's with an acupuncturist, 3 days a week and for way less money, but we decided I could still be a lazy fucker for another 9 - 12 months as long as I can pull grocery money. I'm happy. Kinda.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 8:22pm
I started a job this week, it's with an acupuncturist, 3 days a week and for way less money, but we decided I could still be a lazy fucker for another 9 - 12 months as long as I can pull grocery money. I'm happy. Kinda.
Well, the important thing is that you get to be a lazy fucker and keep the dream alive.