revbob wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 10:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 9:26am
revbob wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 9:06am
JennyB wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 10:30am

I kind of have a soft spot for ZZ Top. They have more songs about food than Weird Al and Billy Gibbons is a huge DM fan.

Sorry for the interruption.
They are coming to play here in 2023
They're still going? I wouldn't have assumed they'd quit when Dusty Hill died.
Yeah me too and I was way off with the date. Its 10 days out, tix are steep though starting at $85.
https://www.flynnvt.org/Events/2022/10/zz-top
Hello,

Unfortunately, $85 isn't steep anymore. Try Stubhub the day of/before the show.
I’m doing a lecture on Woodstock and Altamont today, and the Stones got ripped in the press for charging $10 for tickets. Inflation and all that, yes, but that’s so charming.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 10:33am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
JennyB wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 10:30am

I kind of have a soft spot for ZZ Top. They have more songs about food than Weird Al and Billy Gibbons is a huge DM fan.

Sorry for the interruption.
Yeah me too and I was way off with the date. Its 10 days out, tix are steep though starting at $85.
Hello,

Yeah, one issue I have is also that it is a fully seated venue in a theater more suited for plays/movies/hi-brow entertainment. Not really a rock n roll type venue.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 11:17am
gkbill wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Hello,

Yeah, one issue I have is also that it is a fully seated venue in a theater more suited for plays/movies/hi-brow entertainment. Not really a rock n roll type venue.
That kind of venue can be a hidden blessing sometimes tho. I saw on Iggy Pop at Denver's opera house and it was one of the best sounding rock concerts I've ever heard in my life.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Flex wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 11:23am
revbob wrote:
gkbill wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

That kind of venue can be a hidden blessing sometimes tho. I saw on Iggy Pop at Denver's opera house and it was one of the best sounding rock concerts I've ever heard in my life.
Hello,

Were any of the chairs left after the show?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 11:23am
revbob wrote:
gkbill wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

Yeah acoustics there are good but imagine those old style movie theater seats without much legroom etc. Plus you dont sit down for a rock n roll show.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

There's a daycare center on a main road in these parts that has had a Trump/Pence sign in their yard for what feels like forever. Even after the loser lost, the sign remained. Just recently, I noticed the sign had been painted white in some parts -- the Pence part. At first, I was confused but then I realized the sign owner had used white out to get rid of Pence. Someone's angry at Mikey. :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 9:09am
There's a daycare center on a main road in these parts that has had a Trump/Pence sign in their yard for what feels like forever. Even after the loser lost, the sign remained. Just recently, I noticed the sign had been painted white in some parts -- the Pence part. At first, I was confused but then I realized the sign owner had used white out to get rid of Pence. Someone's angry at Mikey. :lol:
The mouthbreather's version of Trotsky being airbrushed out of the photo with Lenin and Stalin.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 9:11am
Mimi wrote:
The mouthbreather's version of Trotsky being airbrushed out of the photo with Lenin and Stalin.
:lol:

Maybe it's a write-in slot. Next he'll use a bucket of black paint to write in DeSantis.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 9:13am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Maybe it's a write-in slot. Next he'll use a bucket of black paint to write in DeSantis.
If he runs (meaning, he's not in jail, exile, or in hell), he'll pick someone like Boebert so that he can "win over the broads" and show the guys how women want him so badly.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 9:22am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

If he runs (meaning, he's not in jail, exile, or in hell), he'll pick someone like Boebert so that he can "win over the broads" and show the guys how women want him so badly.
Well, Bobo would be an excellent choice. Their IQs are about the same.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Between Boebert and Palin, they are really trying to get the Hoy vote with sexy bespectacled brunettes.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 11:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Between Boebert and Palin, they are really trying to get the Hoy vote with sexy bespectacled brunettes.
Dare to dream, never fail to dare to dream.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

We need a puking emoji.

:yuck:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

We have the same taste.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 5:02pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

We have the same taste.
:cool:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.