No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Sparky »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 9:12am
Brave humor! These guys are the kind of shitkickers the country needs.

A+ trolling right there!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Some people just don't get it.

Mary Ann Mendoza, Arizona GOP candidate for the House of Representatives.

God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sacheen Littlefeather, unfortunately, seems to have been a pretendian.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/ope ... 520648.php
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 9:01am
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kan ... 55970.html
This shit seems almost Onion-like.
He's done his damage and that rather than music that's been taken too seriously will be his legacy. I won't quibble: fuck him and all anti-Semites.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 9:01am
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kan ... 55970.html
This shit seems almost Onion-like.
He's such a fucking idiot.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I read an article that he originally wanted to call his album Ye "Hitler". Absolutely fuck Kanye. Only upside is you get to expose some people really showing their true colors by defending his shit.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 11:55am
Only upside is you get to expose some people really showing their true colors by defending his shit.
It's also been useful for seeing the "mainstream" right, with its official rejection of antisemitism (tho we'll see how long that lasts), suddenly lose its outrage for cancel culture and workness and all those other things it likes to moan about in the name of liberty. It's always circumstantial and self-interest. Oh, Kanye, if only you'd stuck with shitting on black people, you'd still have Republicans on your side.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

The last five or seven years of his shit has been really hard. He has made some of the most forward thinking and amazing music from 2004-2016 (give or take). There might not be anyone who I think is at his level musically. Particularly in that long stretch. But man, every time I think he’s hit rock bottom, he goes a lot deeper.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 7:37am
It's horrifying how much cultural penetration some of this stuff still has. I think this particular bit of insanity has some roots in at least some strains of NOI followers, unfortunately.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 8:16am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's horrifying how much cultural penetration some of this stuff still has. I think this particular bit of insanity has some roots in at least some strains of NOI followers, unfortunately.
That's the thing—I expect it from the fringes. I don't accept its validity, but, yup, if it's confined to fringes it's manageable and the adherents properly scorned by the vast majority. But its growing presence in the mainstream, aided by the "well, people are talking about this, so there must be something to it" gullibility of those who quantity with quality, that's what's terrifying.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 8:31am
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's the thing—I expect it from the fringes. I don't accept its validity, but, yup, if it's confined to fringes it's manageable and the adherents properly scorned by the vast majority. But its growing presence in the mainstream, aided by the "well, people are talking about this, so there must be something to it" gullibility of those who quantity with quality, that's what's terrifying.
Part of the problem is religion is kind of built upon centuries old mythology and is left open to interpretation both good and bad. Its so much easier to do a twist on an existing religion than to start a new one.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 9:15am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Part of the problem is religion is kind of built upon centuries old mythology and is left open to interpretation both good and bad. Its so much easier to do a twist on an existing religion than to start a new one.
Joseph Smith wrote: :angry:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 9:46am
revbob wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 9:15am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Joseph Smith wrote: :angry:
:lol: