IMCT All Hands Testing Request

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: IMCT All Hands Testing Request

Post by laxman »

Kory wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 4:43pm
laxman wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 3:01pm
Done, plus I stayed and had a read. Great work.

I had a question; I was on a safeguarding course last week as part of my lacrosse coaching requirements and we were told never to make a promise that something will be sorted out, because the child will be upset and feel let down if that promise can't be or isn't kept. I noticed under one of the videos that it says "Tell them you’ll make sure the situation is addressed". Is that OK?
This stuff is research-based by psychologists and so on, but I have nothing to do with the content itself (wayyyyy above my pay grade). But I'd say from my limited perspective that I suppose there's a difference between addressing a situation and sorting it out. Just reassuring the kid that you're not just going to let it drop maybe. First step, address it, and then if the problem persists, then sort it out by cutting the kid from the team or whatever.

Thanks for the help, all! Deeply appreciated.
Thanks and I guess it is how "addressed" is interpreted. Happy to help.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 4:43pm
laxman wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 3:01pm
Done, plus I stayed and had a read. Great work.

I had a question; I was on a safeguarding course last week as part of my lacrosse coaching requirements and we were told never to make a promise that something will be sorted out, because the child will be upset and feel let down if that promise can't be or isn't kept. I noticed under one of the videos that it says "Tell them you’ll make sure the situation is addressed". Is that OK?
This stuff is research-based by psychologists and so on, but I have nothing to do with the content itself (wayyyyy above my pay grade). But I'd say from my limited perspective that I suppose there's a difference between addressing a situation and sorting it out. Just reassuring the kid that you're not just going to let it drop maybe. First step, address it, and then if the problem persists, then sort it out by cutting the kid from the team or whatever.
We had to do some bullshit workplace training—bullshit because it was a powerpoint, so passing the exam meant going back to the right slide for the correct answer on the test—and that was an aspect over workplace conflict, whether with a co-worker or a student concern: always let the other person know that their concerns will be heard and taken seriously. You don't say it'll be resolved in their favour, but it will be considered.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 4:44pm
revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 6:10pm
Done, took a long time to load initially
Yeah the stakeholders really want that space background, it takes a while to kick in.
Yeah, explaining to nin technical people why something they want is a bad idea is usually fruitless

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Done mate. 👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Hi all, thanks again for helping out here. We just had an analytics report and had a 300% increase in clicks over last year, so thank for helping me test it out!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 1:38pm
Hi all, thanks again for helping out here. We just had an analytics report and had a 300% increase in clicks over last year, so thank for helping me test it out!
Great work Kory. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer