Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 8:39am
revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 8:32am
I dreamt I was at a hardcore show in another city, this was teenager me. There was a guy who was in the audience and obviously a regular. A big guy and obviously violent. You could tell people were scared of him but if he liked you he didn't bug you as long as you didn't cross him. Some other guy showed up a much smaller older and unassuming type. He starts fucking with the big guy, they fight. The smaller guy not only beats the big guy but cuts him literally into pieces and then decides Im gonna help him clean up the mess. I help him but was obviously trying to figure out my exit strategy. At some point it morphed into a different story and I dont recall how that went. There's a moral to that story somewhere though.
DMB sucks?
Words to live by.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 7:41am
Maybe it's because this thread got bumped, but I had a pretty intense one last night. Context suggests that it took place in the early 80s or late 70s. My parents were both alive and looked more like they did then, and I was mostly in a rather dark split-level home, with lots of shag carpeting everywhere (and there seemed to be some kind of subplot involving lilac-coloured toilet paper, but that part's fuzzy). The core of the dream, however, was something called the Fixer, which was some kind of killer insect that swirled about in a group so it looked like a ring of spinning razor wire. It was attracted to loud noises, but you could protect yourself if you didn't look at it or you thought about protecting other people. And when it got a hold of someone, it was like acid, removing everything but bone. There was another insect that was exactly like the Fixer, but it was more selective for some reason. Anyway, I saw lots of people, including my parents, get eaten alive, either because they looked at the Fixer or they wouldn't think nice thoughts about each other (chew on that!).
This reminds me to never look at the Fixer.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 3:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 7:41am
Maybe it's because this thread got bumped, but I had a pretty intense one last night. Context suggests that it took place in the early 80s or late 70s. My parents were both alive and looked more like they did then, and I was mostly in a rather dark split-level home, with lots of shag carpeting everywhere (and there seemed to be some kind of subplot involving lilac-coloured toilet paper, but that part's fuzzy). The core of the dream, however, was something called the Fixer, which was some kind of killer insect that swirled about in a group so it looked like a ring of spinning razor wire. It was attracted to loud noises, but you could protect yourself if you didn't look at it or you thought about protecting other people. And when it got a hold of someone, it was like acid, removing everything but bone. There was another insect that was exactly like the Fixer, but it was more selective for some reason. Anyway, I saw lots of people, including my parents, get eaten alive, either because they looked at the Fixer or they wouldn't think nice thoughts about each other (chew on that!).
This reminds me to never look at the Fixer.
Well, if someone thinks nice thoughts about you, you'll be fi– … never mind.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Strange dream last night. I was convinced that when The Boss and I lived in NC, we had fostered an orangutan, but I couldn't remember it and people were clearly lying to me about it. I grew increasingly agitated about my memory loss and convinced that others were inflicting it on me. I woke up and seriously asked myself whether we had fostered an orangutan in our apartment and am reasonably sure that, no, we did not.

Update: The Boss got up and confirmed that we have never fostered an orangutan. Then again, she *would* say that!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 8:07am
Strange dream last night. I was convinced that when The Boss and I lived in NC, we had fostered an orangutan, but I couldn't remember it and people were clearly lying to me about it. I grew increasingly agitated about my memory loss and convinced that others were inflicting it on me. I woke up and seriously asked myself whether we had fostered an orangutan in our apartment and am reasonably sure that, no, we did not.

Update: The Boss got up and confirmed that we have never fostered an orangutan. Then again, she *would* say that!
Been reading Edgar Allan Poe lately?
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 3:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Reading? What am I, some kind of fancy pants monoclist?

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 3:23pm
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'd like to think yes.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 4:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 3:23pm
Olaf wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'd like to think yes.
Gadzooks! I've been defancypantsed!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I deamt I was out with a friend who introduced me to a woman friend of his. I was very drunk and the woman and I made out pretty hot and heavy but no sex. The next day the woman kept asking my friend for my number. He wouldn't give it out but told me I needed to get it sorted out. I woke up before things were resolved but I kept feeling guilty all night as if I had done something.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Anyone (who is old, that is) remember those bikes from the late 70s or early 80s that looked like motocross bikes? Same extended seat and a fake gas tank over the frame between seat and handlebars. Anyway, the Boss and I had an automotive garage and we were fixing up one of these bikes except it kept getting stolen because we never locked it up. And we are just red-in-the-face screaming at each other about it. Then we go looking for it. The scenario kept restarting because the bike came back somehow, only to disappear again. There was also a scary, snarly dog—looked like Benji but grey and grizzled, but with serious fangs and clouded-over glaucoma eyes—next door that looked ready to rip out my throat.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I was hanging out with a young John Lydon in modern day NYC. He was actually less of a dick than I expected. He helped me track down some rare early Sabbath recordings. He even gave me his cell phone number.

I later dreamt I saw a murder of crows that included one giant crow flying around with other some sort of structure that allowed other crows to perch themselves on it while it flew around.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was a teenager again (shit, so this is going to be a nightmare, huh?) and one of my friends from high school, Jim, invited me over to his house (not really his house, tho) a couple hours away. While there he decided we should replumb the bathroom (some kind of expansion). When his dad got home—played by John Goodman playing Dan Connor—he went apeshit on Jim, screaming at him for wrecking the pipes and drywall and that we were going to have to fix it. I get the impression that he also beat the shit out of Jim over this, but my dream self didn't see it. I was freaked out because I didn't know how to fix it and I needed to get home to feed my cats and if Jim couldn't drive me, I needed to catch a bus before the last one left. So the remainder of the dream was this half-assed effort to install drywall to cover up the damage while a bus got ready to pull out of the station without me.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 7:46am
I was a teenager again (shit, so this is going to be a nightmare, huh?) and one of my friends from high school, Jim, invited me over to his house (not really his house, tho) a couple hours away. While there he decided we should replumb the bathroom (some kind of expansion). When his dad got home—played by John Goodman playing Dan Connor—he went apeshit on Jim, screaming at him for wrecking the pipes and drywall and that we were going to have to fix it. I get the impression that he also beat the shit out of Jim over this, but my dream self didn't see it. I was freaked out because I didn't know how to fix it and I needed to get home to feed my cats and if Jim couldn't drive me, I needed to catch a bus before the last one left. So the remainder of the dream was this half-assed effort to install drywall to cover up the damage while a bus got ready to pull out of the station without me.
Not everyone is cut out for dream work.

I actually had a dream I was on vacation in a nice tropical place by the ocean.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 8:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm happy to say that my real-life incompetence sync'd up well with my dream life. Consistency provides assurance.
And then Adele showed up …

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 8:23am
revbob wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 8:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm happy to say that my real-life incompetence sync'd up well with my dream life. Consistency provides assurance.
And then Adele showed up …
But left as there were no puppies to be eaten