The Future of the Republican Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Dr. Medulla »

How many Republican House members privately hope that she loses? She's that idiot co-worker who makes it harder for everyone else to get anything done, both because she's a moronic distraction and she can't be trusted to accomplish the basic tasks.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 10:13am
How many Republican House members privately hope that she loses? She's that idiot co-worker who makes it harder for everyone else to get anything done, both because she's a moronic distraction and she can't be trusted to accomplish the basic tasks.
That's a lot of responsibility for Alice to take on alone but she is no doubt up for the task.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I know Colorado Republicans are nearly openly cheering her loss on. After being totally wiped out this election there's finally talk about how the party needs a total rebuild and boebert's continued existence makes that almost impossible. Her leaving may actually end up strengthening the Republican brand locally for the the next election. But worth the price to see her out, imho.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

:angry: trouble getting all 3 in one post
Attachments
Screenshot_20221110_101334.jpg
Screenshot_20221110_101235.jpg
Last edited by revbob on 10 Nov 2022, 11:22am, edited 1 time in total.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Screenshot_20221110_101359.jpg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 11:06am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's a lot of responsibility for Alice to take on alone but she is no doubt up for the task.
You know that she will be asserting herself as the say-so on who becomes Speaker solely on the number of Twitter followers she has. As in, she would make that argument to others to justify her elite status. I remember reading that Republican elders chided Nixon as "a young man in a hurry" when he showed up in 1947. Absolute light years from that environment now.
Flex wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 11:09am
I know Colorado Republicans are nearly openly cheering her loss on. After being totally wiped out this election there's finally talk about how the party needs a total rebuild and boebert's continued existence makes that almost impossible. Her leaving may actually end up strengthening the Republican brand locally for the the next election. But worth the price to see her out, imho.
As sclerotic as Democrats are, Republicans since Trump are just institutionally/principly hollowed out. They have outrage and grievance and that's about it. That just flat-out is not sustainable, but that's the only tool they've got left.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 11:22am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You know that she will be asserting herself as the say-so on who becomes Speaker solely on the number of Twitter followers she has. As in, she would make that argument to others to justify her elite status. I remember reading that Republican elders chided Nixon as "a young man in a hurry" when he showed up in 1947. Absolute light years from that environment now.
Flex wrote:
As sclerotic as Democrats are, Republicans since Trump are just institutionally/principly hollowed out. They have outrage and grievance and that's about it. That just flat-out is not sustainable, but that's the only tool they've got left.
Hello,

As marketers say, "Time for a rebrand!" - and a philosophy rebuild.

msza2
Junco Partner

Post by msza2 »

I work in mental health and they say it's no use trying to rehabilitate a psychopath because he will never change and will only use the received input to become more cunning. Sadly I think the only thing the GOP will learn from this is how to lie, intimidate, and oppress more efficiently. I hope I'm wrong.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

msza2 wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 12:32pm
I work in mental health and they say it's no use trying to rehabilitate a psychopath because he will never change and will only use the received input to become more cunning. Sadly I think the only thing the GOP will learn from this is how to lie, intimidate, and oppress more efficiently. I hope I'm wrong.
Yeah, I agree with this. It's about rebranding a fundamentally evil right wing philosophy, not about changing any core principles. Hope they really fuck up the rebuild!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 12:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 11:22am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Hello,

As marketers say, "Time for a rebrand!" - and a philosophy rebuild.
Ive often said that if the Republican party stopped being/embracing/supporting racist, anti women, and anti gay policies they would win easily.

Vermont hasnt sent a Republican to Washington since 1988 yet during that same period we've probably split pretty even for governor with the latest Republican winning his 4th 2 year term.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

msza2 wrote:
It's a frightening thought. Trump's level of sociopathy has opened the door to hell. When they saw how much he could get away with, it just emboldened them and taught them how to be just as evil, which is why I'm nervous about our democracy for the first time in my life.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 12:49pm
Ive often said that if the Republican party stopped being/embracing/supporting racist, anti women, and anti gay policies they would win easily.
It’s a numbing refrain from disaffected conservatives in Canada that if only there were a party that was socially liberal and fiscally conservative, to which sensible say, “Yeah, it’s called the Liberal Party of Canada.” Or, at least, the Liberals are no more fiscally generous that the Conservatives. But that word liberal conjures up smelly hippies or something like that, or it’s just tribalism that a Conservative can’t vote Liberal (my brother-in-law, when he became disgusted with the Conservatives, switched to the NDP because the idea of voting for the party of Trudeau would cause a stroke). Politics and values iz weird.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 12:59pm
msza2 wrote:
It's a frightening thought. Trump's level of sociopathy has opened the door to hell. When they saw how much he could get away with, it just emboldened them and taught them how to be just as evil, which is why I'm nervous about our democracy for the first time in my life.
I'm in 100% agreement with your assessment of the damage Trump has caused our democracy. Keeping my fingers crossed on the races that are still undecided, our democracy is truly on the line this time around.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 12:59pm
msza2 wrote:
I’ve said before that I’ve been forced to concede that older conservative scolds from the 60s, 70, and 80s had a point that there needs to be the community power of shame, that there are consequences for certain behaviours. Trump has shown that, no, there aren’t, that as long as you keep yelling, you win. The content of your words is overpowered by their volume and quantity. It’s such an odd thing to have to reconsider the morons and monsters of my youth and decide that they did have a point.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

This is one thing I was very heartened to see the other night: https://msmagazine.com/2022/11/09/midte ... amendment/

This shows there is hope, even for states like MO.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy