Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 6:39pm
Some thoughts:

The Maine Italian is a great sandwich.

Rhode Island is really a lost NYC borough. It's America's crooked little Principality.

Rhody has its own clam chowder. It has no cream and more clams, I like it.

I'm on the Rhody border so I sample RI offerings often. They also do clam cakes and stuffies which are both great bar food.

Clam Cakes:

Stuffies (Quahogs):

I've grown to love Connecticut, particularly my little town on the coast. Not too hot in the summah-time, not too cold it the winter-time. Once you get out of that Yalie/NYC circle it's damn nice. For my money we've got some of the finest pizza in the country. The New Haven clam apizza is fantastic.

Clam Pie:

Lastly, I'm going on a romantic getaway in Vermont this weekend and felt bad about not being able to hit up Bob for a pop or two. Now that I know he is typhoid Bobby I don't feel so bad.
A romantic trip to Vermont? Without me? Cant be done.
Im still clean as a whistle. Ive been going to work this week and wearing a mask at home and keeping my distance.

If you do make it to the bigcity let me know and Ill give you some tips.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 6:46pm

Im still clean as a whistle. Ive been going to work this week and wearing a mask at home and keeping my distance.

I sure would but I'm barely making it over the Taxachusetts border. We'll be down the valley in West Dover for a gathering of some of my bride's friends.

But really though, we ought to make something happen. Maybe it's meeting Flex for a Slapshot show in Cambridge. Maybe a trip to the ballpark. Perhaps a hike somewhere between North Adams and Bennington.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 10:35pm
revbob wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 6:46pm

I sure would but I'm barely making it over the Taxachusetts border. We'll be down the valley in West Dover for a gathering of some of my bride's friends.

But really though, we ought to make something happen. Maybe it's meeting Flex for a Slapshot show in Cambridge. Maybe a trip to the ballpark. Perhaps a hike somewhere between North Adams and Bennington.
Yeah Im up for any of the above. Enjoy the weekend.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wife just got a negative covid test. I might give it another day before I let my guard down though :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 10:15am
Wife just got a negative covid test. I might give it another day before I let my guard down though :shifty:
Women, eh? It'd be just like them to get a negative test just to trap you and then, bam, a rolling pin to the noggin!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I've had covid for the past week, but thankfully, I just felt like I had a mild cold. I honestly wouldn't even tested if someone I had sat next to at a work event had not texted me that she had it. It mades me wonder how many of us are walking around without even noticing. Getting out of isolation today. It was kind of nice missing two work things that I was dreading. Thanks, Pfizer!

(I know I sound lackadaisical about it...I am very thankful that my case was mild).
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 11:33am
I've had covid for the past week, but thankfully, I just felt like I had a mild cold. I honestly wouldn't even tested if someone I had sat next to at a work event had not texted me that she had it. It mades me wonder how many of us are walking around without even noticing. Getting out of isolation today. It was kind of nice missing two work things that I was dreading. Thanks, Pfizer!

(I know I sound lackadaisical about it...I am very thankful that my case was mild).
Glad that the experience has been mild, but, definitely, I can’t say for sure I’ve never had it. All I can say is that I haven’t tested positive and the only times I’ve tested was after someone I’d hung out with told me they were positive. Given that I normally have one good cold per winter, I’ve been curiously healthy in that respect the last several years. Even when the Boss comes home with something, I haven’t picked it up. I might actually be immortal.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 11:51am
JennyB wrote:

Glad that the experience has been mild, but, definitely, I can’t say for sure I’ve never had it. All I can say is that I haven’t tested positive and the only times I’ve tested was after someone I’d hung out with told me they were positive. Given that I normally have one good cold per winter, I’ve been curiously healthy in that respect the last several years. Even when the Boss comes home with something, I haven’t picked it up. I might actually be immortal.
God-like Im sure is a term your students and colleagues often use.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 11:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 11:51am
JennyB wrote:

God-like Im sure is a term your students and colleagues often use.
I have heard them mutter “Jesus Christ, this guy” around me, so you’re sort of right.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

JennyB wrote:

I'm sorry to hear you've got it, but glad it's a mild case, proving to me at least that the vaccines are effective.

With the holidays looming, wife and I are masking up when we go to big, busy stores (headed to Costco today). As you mentioned, there's just no telling who has it and we don't want to risk infecting our elderly relatives.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Yeah, glad to hear it's mild Mrs B. I took have never tested positive and have tried to be pretty aggressive about testing whenever I feel a bit of anything, but it's possible I missed something.

We're being pretty aware of who were around and how we're spending time with people, although honestly more due to rsv with the Little Duder. Pediatric hospital capacity is... not super great, right now.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

As others have said also glad it's a mild case JB. Take care lady and all the best.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I'm glad it's not severe. I've often wondered how many people have had COVID and not tested/been aware/thought it was a cold.

Get well quickly!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Thanks all!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mark^Bastard
Sightsee MC

Post by Mark^Bastard »

gkbill wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 12:31pm
Hello,

I'm glad it's not severe. I've often wondered how many people have had COVID and not tested/been aware/thought it was a cold.

Get well quickly!
I would say by this point a lot of people would have. When I had it I had a headache for a few days and then a quite mild cold, the kind that just means I blow my nose a few times a day. The reactions to the pfizer shots I've had were all much worse.