Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

revbob wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 12:22pm
Mimi wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 11:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 11:35am
Mimi wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 11:26am
I'm a pretty casual dresser even in public. Sweatpants are me. However, I shower every morning and comb my hair (it's short so who would know anyway.) So, anyway, I did some early morning shopping and spied a young woman still wearing pajamas with a serious case of bed-head. Am I going to hell for judging her? 🤣
I make no bones about being slovenly in my dress. I still dress the way I didn’t in my teens. Anything better feels false. That said, yeah, perhaps hypocritically I do judge people who wear pajamas (or, I’m sorry, sweats) out in public. I’ve tried to call out The Boss for wearing sweats when we’ve gone out and she just stared me down.
Sweatpants have gotten so much better looking than they used to be. I have a few pair that if I wasn't wearing sneakers you'd think I was wearing dress pants. But, yeah, it is hypocritical of me. Pajamas, though? A line must be drawn somewhere.
I'm with Mimi (sorry we cant all wear cardigans and tweed jackets with elbow patches and a pocket to put our pipe Mr College Professor). Sweats in public are fine, depending on the setting, like going to the store, for a walk, a few drinks at the pub, grabbing a coffee etc. I wouldnt go to a restaurant in them but other than that nothing taboo comes to mind. Pajamas? No. I've seen plenty of people at hotels come down for breakfast in pajamas and bed head and that gets a hard no from me. That said I also often see men/women at the grocery store wearing pajamas, sometimes slippers too. Usually younger able bodied types. I dont get it.
Funny, that's the second time in a matter of weeks I've seen mention of folk going shopping in their jammies. I've never seen it or ever knew it was a thing, but then there are a lot of things I don't know these days!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I feel like we should all be wearing whatever we feel comfortable in, pajamas and all.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 12:28pm
:lol: :lol:

I'm not sure that I've given up or have just gotten older and can't stand clothing that doesn't have a give to it. Oh god. Next stop is New Balance shoes with velcro straps.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I often go to the store dressed like this.
Funny thing is no one seems to notice me.
Attachments
yeti-beer.jpg
yeti-beer.jpg (48.61 KiB) Viewed 722 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 12:41pm
BEWARE THE YETI!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mimi wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 12:58pm
Marky Dread wrote:
BEWARE THE YETI!
Hey those are my pyjamas. 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 11:26am
I'm a pretty casual dresser even in public. Sweatpants are me. However, I shower every morning and comb my hair (it's short so who would know anyway.) So, anyway, I did some early morning shopping and spied a young woman still wearing pajamas with a serious case of bed-head. Am I going to hell for judging her? 🤣
Whatever works for you, go with it. I'm getting up in the years and I'm still shorts, t-shirt & flip flops in summer, blue jeans, t-shirt and or flannel in the winter. But I will say I'm not every likely to go out in my pj's, that's a teenager thing around here.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

An idle thought: I was just reading an article about whether it's legal to hike naked in Colorado (answer: in some places, maybe) and there was a brief aside about nudist resorts and I have to say I that's never been anything I've found even remotely alluring. Besides being instilled with good puritan shame, just functionally speaking almost any activity besides swimming one might do while naked really leaves one open and vulnerable to painful mishaps. I don't need my exposed junk getting skinned when I take a tumble or whatever. Pass.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 4:55pm
An idle thought: I was just reading an article about whether it's legal to hike naked in Colorado (answer: in some places, maybe) and there was a brief aside about nudist resorts and I have to say I that's never been anything I've found even remotely alluring. Besides being instilled with good puritan shame, just functionally speaking almost any activity besides swimming one might do while naked really leaves one open and vulnerable to painful mishaps. I don't need my exposed junk getting skinned when I take a tumble or whatever. Pass.
Shit is sensitive down there, too, and benefits from even a little bit of protection. And, for guys, keeping things from flopping around is probably good for preventing possible injury.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
That was you?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
In VT it is illegal to disrobe in public but nudity is not illegal. So you can leave home nekkid but once you're outside you gotta keep clothed. There's usually a naked bike ride downtown every year.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 5:35pm
Marky Dread wrote:
That was you?
Shhhhhhhhhhhh.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Flex wrote:
Can you imagine the sunburn?