Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Mimi »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 2:40pm
I've got my colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow. So far, I'm not freaking out too much. I am prone to anxiety, especially health anxiety, so I'm proud of myself for keeping things level (for now, at least). I have to take my first dose of the prep liquid at 5 tonight. Biggest thing right now is that I'm so hungry. I'm not a big eater, but this all liquid thing is no good. I'm going to have to run out and get some veggie broth or something. I know getting this done is the right thing to do, but I've never had one before and it's a little scary.
Mine is coming up and I'm concerned about my blood sugar. I don't eat much either but if I go without eating for more than four hours I get the shakes. And then to poop so much on top of that? Yikes. Let us know how you make out.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Thanks for the positive words. I'm definitely feeling a bit foggy right now - guessing as my blood sugar diminishes.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 4:36pm
Thanks for the positive words. I'm definitely feeling a bit foggy right now - guessing as my blood sugar diminishes.
Hello,

Check to see if Gatorade or Pedialyte is on your approved items list.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 4:36pm
You'll be fine. You can still drink water right? That will help.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
I've got my colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow. So far, I'm not freaking out too much. I am prone to anxiety, especially health anxiety, so I'm proud of myself for keeping things level (for now, at least). I have to take my first dose of the prep liquid at 5 tonight. Biggest thing right now is that I'm so hungry. I'm not a big eater, but this all liquid thing is no good. I'm going to have to run out and get some veggie broth or something. I know getting this done is the right thing to do, but I've never had one before and it's a little scary.
Hang in there, it will be over before you know it, keep us posted on how it goes.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 9:30pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Hang in there, it will be over before you know it, keep us posted on how it goes.
Yeah take lots of pics too.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

revbob wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 10:30pm
Sparky wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 9:30pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Yeah take lots of pics too.
Hopefully they will put you to sleep, and it will be the best 30 minute nap you've ever had. You won't know a thing till they wake you up and tell you everything is alright.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Hope it's all clear, man, but if they find anything that's only to the good. Then they can work on fixing it.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Well, I survived. Doctor found 2 small polyps that will have to get biopsied. I asked him about it and he shook his head and said "they're nothing to worry about" though being an anxious fellow, I will worry until I get a call otherwise. Other than that, it was a seamless experience. They knocked me out and then suddenly I was awake. No issues with that. I feel mostly normal right now, just a little tired. As long as everything is in fact okay, I'm good for another 3 years and then I get to repeat.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 2:55pm
Well, I survived. Doctor found 2 small polyps that will have to get biopsied. I asked him about it and he shook his head and said "they're nothing to worry about" though being an anxious fellow, I will worry until I get a call otherwise. Other than that, it was a seamless experience. They knocked me out and then suddenly I was awake. No issues with that. I feel mostly normal right now, just a little tired. As long as everything is in fact okay, I'm good for another 3 years and then I get to repeat.
Good to hear it all went well. I'm sure the doc is right and all is smooth sailing for a few more years.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
They will always find something, its the nature of things. I think the doctors have seen enough to know problematic ones from benign ones.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

WestwayKid wrote:
Hello,

For such an invasive procedure, it's usually not much bother prep aside.

Stay healthy!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

This is what we wanted and this is what we got. It's good news WWk
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Another IMCT poop chute success story!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 4:08pm
Another IMCT poop chute success story!
To the buttplug thread!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead