Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Deep Bob Dylan Theory 2012

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 1:50am
holy shit bob's a slayer fan: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... rence.html
A second volume of his philosophy of modern song dedicated only to metal would be vital. "WASP's 'Animal (Fuck Like a Beast)' demonstrates the transhistorical nature of romance in the face of postmodern challenges. It is lusty as it comforts."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 6:15am
A second volume of his philosophy of modern song dedicated only to metal would be vital. "WASP's 'Animal (Fuck Like a Beast)' demonstrates the transhistorical nature of romance in the face of postmodern challenges. It is lusty as it comforts."
:lol:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss informs me that he's a big Coronation Street fan, enough so that the producers have offered him a cameo whenever he wants it. I'd love to see him do it and then insist on not playing himself.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 9:41am
The Boss informs me that he's a big Coronation Street fan, enough so that the producers have offered him a cameo whenever he wants it. I'd love to see him do it and then insist on not playing himself.
Yeah, this all came out in the same interview. He said he doesn't watch "evil" television (loves evil music tho, apparently) and watches Coronation Street. I don't even watch the show but I'd kill to see him agree to be on and then be a lunatic about it.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 9:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, this all came out in the same interview. He said he doesn't watch "evil" television (loves evil music tho, apparently) and watches Coronation Street. I don't even watch the show but I'd kill to see him agree to be on and then be a lunatic about it.
"I want to be a Norwegian confidence man who has illegitimate children in the cast."

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 10:21am
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
"I want to be a Norwegian confidence man who has illegitimate children in the cast."
"I want to be the man who finally kills and eats Ken Barlow."
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 11:53am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 10:21am
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
"I want to be the man who finally kills and eats Ken Barlow."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I've fallen deeply in love with this slightly slowed down, ever slightly countrified version of Shelter from the Storm from Brixton, 1995. Could well become my go to fix for this wonderful track. The guitar interplay between Bob and Bucky Baxter is a delight and almost understated.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm re-reading Fredric Dannen's Hit Men (about payola) and amused by this Dylan anecdote. A fellow named Dick Asher at Columbia has negotiated a new contract with Dylan in the 60s and heads up to Woodstock to get a signature:
I was a Dylan fan and we were talking about his new record. I said, What’s it going to be like? He thought a while and said, Oh, further down the road. I said, What does that mean? He thought some more and said, I guess just further down the road. The next album was John Wesley Harding, and the only way you could describe it was further down the road.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 8:33pm
I'm re-reading Fredric Dannen's Hit Men (about payola) and amused by this Dylan anecdote. A fellow named Dick Asher at Columbia has negotiated a new contract with Dylan in the 60s and heads up to Woodstock to get a signature:
I was a Dylan fan and we were talking about his new record. I said, What’s it going to be like? He thought a while and said, Oh, further down the road. I said, What does that mean? He thought some more and said, I guess just further down the road. The next album was John Wesley Harding, and the only way you could describe it was further down the road.
Haha, perfect

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 8:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 8:33pm
Haha, perfect
Among Dylan's talents is the skill to not play the game while coming off, not as a prick, but somehow above it all. I am, in all sincerity, in awe of people who have that ability to cultivate inscrutability. Bluntness is easy, but inscrutability is high-level fuck-you-edness.

Flex

Post by Flex »

I regret to announce that the new remix of Time Out of Mind absolutely whips the llama's ass.

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 11:04pm
I regret to announce that the new remix of Time Out of Mind absolutely whips the llama's ass.
Is that good
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Silent Majority wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 5:12am
Flex wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 11:04pm
Is that good
Good question. Based on Flex’s use of the word “regret”, I’d guess no, it’s not good, though I haven’t heard it. I’m unfamiliar with the phrase “whips the llama’s ass” though, so I might be wrong. For example, if someone said “I love Magnificent Seven! It totally whips the llama’s ass!”, I’d reply “Right on man, totally, whip that fucker! It’s great!” In this context though, yeah, probably not good.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.