Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 1:06pm
I cant get it yet. Does he say eh a lot?
I don't think so, I'd have to re-listen. Kind of like a mellifluous Harry Truman.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2023, 3:49pm
revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2023, 3:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2023, 3:21pm
And the humidifier has been fixed. Five-minute job. I stayed and watched and chatted while it was done—I wasn’t pushy, the guy asked if I wanted to see how basic it was. He’s been here before for a duct cleaning. He bears more than a passing resemblance to Silent Majority here (has an Irish name to boot).
If this were a TV show he would played by James with a fake beard and Canadian accent.
I would love to hear James try his hand at a Canadian accent, the more over the top the better.
Recording 165842-011223.mp3
Pretty good, but lacking on the "take off, eh's"! :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
And the humidifier has been fixed. Five-minute job. I stayed and watched and chatted while it was done—I wasn’t pushy, the guy asked if I wanted to see how basic it was. He’s been here before for a duct cleaning. He bears more than a passing resemblance to Silent Majority here (has an Irish name to boot).
If this were a TV show he would played by James with a fake beard and Canadian accent.
I would love to hear James try his hand at a Canadian accent, the more over the top the better.
I'm gonna make you start podcasting in this accent.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 1:46pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm gonna make you start podcasting in this accent.
I think I could manage an hour of it if I was ripped off my face on hallucinogenic drugs.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 1:50pm
I think I could manage an hour of it if I was ripped off my face on hallucinogenic drugs.
I might need some of those too to hear that for an hour, come to think of it.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I know that it probably says more about the part of Canada where I grew up, but I think Fargo is a good starting point for Canadian speech, and then blend it in with Bob and Doug McKenzie.

Also, Scott Thompson does a fantastic basic working-class Canadian accent here.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
More hockey, beer and Tim Horton's eh.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I had a tin of Altoids which I can't really eat because mint messes with my stomach (acid reflux). I've been eating too many lately and since no one else in the house eats them, I decided to toss them. Just out of curiosity, I tossed them in the toilet, thinking they'd dissolve and that would be the end of it. A few hours later, I had to make a pit stop and found the Altoids floating in the toilet. They didn't dissolve. I expected a pile of powder at the bottom of the toilet but apparently, they're floaters. :lol: Anyway, my toilet smelled like mint. :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 8:38pm
I had a tin of Altoids which I can't really eat because mint messes with my stomach (acid reflux). I've been eating too many lately and since no one else in the house eats them, I decided to toss them. Just out of curiosity, I tossed them in the toilet, thinking they'd dissolve and that would be the end of it. A few hours later, I had to make a pit stop and found the Altoids floating in the toilet. They didn't dissolve. I expected a pile of powder at the bottom of the toilet but apparently, they're floaters. :lol: Anyway, my toilet smelled like mint. :lol:
You have the makings of a great antivax video right there.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
I'm sure the sewer alligators will appreciate your efforts. :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Sparky wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 9:09pm
Mimi wrote:
Good thing we have a septic tank. :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
12 Jan 2023, 9:09pm
Mimi wrote:
Fun fact! Whenever I play some kind of sports video game, my team is the Sewergators.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Mimi wrote:
Just goes to show the corrosive qualities of saliva.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
13 Jan 2023, 1:37pm
Mimi wrote:
Saliva: stronger than toilet water and sometimes just as stinky. :lol:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Mimi wrote:
13 Jan 2023, 1:51pm
Kory wrote:
13 Jan 2023, 1:37pm
Mimi wrote:
Saliva: stronger than toilet water and sometimes just as stinky. :lol:
Bad breath is one of the worst things. Bad smells in general. I often wish I didn't have the sense at all.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc