Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2023, 8:07pm
revbob wrote:
14 Jan 2023, 6:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2023, 6:25pm
revbob wrote:
14 Jan 2023, 5:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2023, 5:27pm
The Boss and I started watching The Righteous Gemstones a few days ago. A whole lot of confusing elements (well, that might be my attention span) but enough moments of cringe-y comedy to keep us invested.
Great show IMHO.
A whole lot more wiener than I normally expect from tv.
Yet still very little.
Hey, ladies, here's some fat guy shriveled dick!
Yeah no ego on that one.

Been watching this of late.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Jan 2023, 8:31pm

I recall seeing ads but haven't bit.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2023, 8:33pm
revbob wrote:
14 Jan 2023, 8:31pm

I recall seeing ads but haven't bit.
I've had quite a few laughs

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Incredible show, as is Fielder's follow up, the Rehearsal.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

CoziTV had a 50th Anniversary special for the show Emergency! last night. They interviewed Johnny and Roy from the show and a bunch of firefighters who talked about how much the show influenced them and how it impacted the start of the paramedic/ems programs across the country.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
15 Jan 2023, 2:24pm
CoziTV had a 50th Anniversary special for the show Emergency! last night. They interviewed Johnny and Roy from the show and a bunch of firefighters who talked about how much the show influenced them and how it impacted the start of the paramedic/ems programs across the country.
A couple weeks ago, The Boss and I walked past a fire station and I wondered aloud whether they had a little guy in there who did the cooking.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2023, 3:00pm
Mimi wrote:
A couple weeks ago, The Boss and I walked past a fire station and I wondered aloud whether they had a little guy in there who did the cooking.
There's a fire station between my house and the local grocery store. I often see them in there stocking up. I saw inside once too pretty nice digs to spend your time away from home.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jan 2023, 2:08pm
Incredible show, as is Fielder's follow up, the Rehearsal.
I gotta look for that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Jan 2023, 3:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2023, 3:00pm
Mimi wrote:
There's a fire station between my house and the local grocery store. I often see them in there stocking up. I saw inside once too pretty nice digs to spend your time away from home.
We have one about four blocks away, on a fairly significant street, so we get a few fire trucks going by, around five houses to the south, every day. Enough so that the cats don't respond to the sirens.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

We consumed a lot of media this weekend as MBH (my better half) had out patient hernia surgery on Friday, so I used her recuperative weekend to not do much except watch TV with her.

Vengeance - Written, directed & staring B.J. Novak (from The Office). This was a really good movie. Well written, smart.
The Bear - I also loved this one. A bit tense at times, but the characters are so well written and then skillfully brought to life.
Glass Onion - Fun, silly, with a great ensemble cast. It's nothing more than that and doesn't try to be.
Alaska Daily - This one was lousy. We made it through one episode. Felt ham fisted and sloppy and was full of tired tropes. Hillary Swank was almost unbearable to watch.
Fleishman is in Trouble - Undecided on this one. Jesse Eisenberg plays the same character in everything he's in. We watched one hour long episode that felt like it was two hours long. It never went anywhere, but the final moments left us thinking that maybe it could get more interesting. We might go back to this one.
Inventing Anna - An intriguing true story, but like Alaska Daily - the main character (also a journalist) is so insufferable and obnoxious.
Wild Indian - This had an interesting premise (and it was shot in Wisconsin), but ultimately fell flat. I think it tried to tell a story about generational trauma within the Native American community, but it was not effected. Sterlin Harjo and Taika Waititi have tackled the same themes with their wonderful Reservation Dogs and have done so it a far more impactful, skillful way.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
16 Jan 2023, 10:53am
We consumed a lot of media this weekend as MBH (my better half) had out patient hernia surgery on Friday, so I used her recuperative weekend to not do much except watch TV with her.

Vengeance - Written, directed & staring B.J. Novak (from The Office). This was a really good movie. Well written, smart.
The Bear - I also loved this one. A bit tense at times, but the characters are so well written and then skillfully brought to life.
Glass Onion - Fun, silly, with a great ensemble cast. It's nothing more than that and doesn't try to be.
Alaska Daily - This one was lousy. We made it through one episode. Felt ham fisted and sloppy and was full of tired tropes. Hillary Swank was almost unbearable to watch.
Fleishman is in Trouble - Undecided on this one. Jesse Eisenberg plays the same character in everything he's in. We watched one hour long episode that felt like it was two hours long. It never went anywhere, but the final moments left us thinking that maybe it could get more interesting. We might go back to this one.
Inventing Anna - An intriguing true story, but like Alaska Daily - the main character (also a journalist) is so insufferable and obnoxious.
Wild Indian - This had an interesting premise (and it was shot in Wisconsin), but ultimately fell flat. I think it tried to tell a story about generational trauma within the Native American community, but it was not effected. Sterlin Harjo and Taika Waititi have tackled the same themes with their wonderful Reservation Dogs and have done so it a far more impactful, skillful way.
FWIW, I loved Fleishman. I loved the book it's based on as well.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:

My son swears by the Bear, I'll give it a go one of these days. Glass Onion was good, Craig's accent seemed less horrible. Im a Swanker so Ive thought about watching that show but the premise doesnt grab me. Fleishman is in Trouble I probably would watch if Eisenberg wasn't in it, the sameness of his characters is a hindrance.

We've recently blown through Dead to Me, Nathan for You, Three Pines, The Peripheral, Hunters (season 2). I can recommend all of them.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 12:55pm
WestwayKid wrote:

FWIW, I loved Fleishman. I loved the book it's based on as well.
We'll probably give it a chance. First episode was a bit slow, but we also did not hate it.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 1:15pm
WestwayKid wrote:

My son swears by the Bear, I'll give it a go one of these days. Glass Onion was good, Craig's accent seemed less horrible. Im a Swanker so Ive thought about watching that show but the premise doesnt grab me. Fleishman is in Trouble I probably would watch if Eisenberg wasn't in it, the sameness of his characters is a hindrance.

We've recently blown through Dead to Me, Nathan for You, Three Pines, The Peripheral, Hunters (season 2). I can recommend all of them.
I didn't know there was a season 2. We'll definitely get this on the list.

I'm also watching George & Tammy. It's very well done, but depressing...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 1:34pm
I'm also watching George & Tammy. It's very well done, but depressing...
The Boss watched that; I caught bits and pieces. Very depressing from what I saw.