Mick & Pete Wylie

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
sambadrome
Dirty Punk

Mick & Pete Wylie

Post by sambadrome »

Hi folks. It's a long time since I've posted anything here, but I've been lurking for a while now so I thought I would get active again.

I have a distant memory of Mick appearing on a late night UK TV show playing guitar for Pete Wylie. If my memory is correct the show was presented by Tony Wilson. I was going to say it was The Other Side Of Midnight, but that show ended in 1989, and I would date this appearance to the mid '90's.

I think they played Pete's Never Loved As A Child, but that song didn't see an official release until 2000 on the Songs Of Strength And Heartbreak album - so the timeline is a bit sketchy to say the least.

I've never found anything on YouTube, so I was wondering whether anyone else remembers this, or if I dreamt it....

NigelJacobs
Corner Soul

Re: Mick & Pete Wylie

Post by NigelJacobs »

Sorry I can't help with the above.

I have a vague memory of seeing Pete Wylie joining BAD2 on stage in Liverpool. But I couldn't be 100% sure it's not something I've simply imagined.

sambadrome
Dirty Punk

Post by sambadrome »

NigelJacobs wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 8:31pm
Sorry I can't help with the above.

I have a vague memory of seeing Pete Wylie joining BAD2 on stage in Liverpool. But I couldn't be 100% sure it's not something I've simply imagined.
Thanks for the reply. You are probably correct on the support slot. I'm sure that happened a few times.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

It sounds vaguely familiar to me too. I don't think I am mixing it up with his TV appearance with Primal Scream.

On the subject of the Other Side of Midnight, I think I saw Steve Coogan interviewed on there by Tony Wilson and do a great Joe Strummer impersonation. I haven't ever found that on Youtube either. Does anyone else recall that?

sambadrome
Dirty Punk

Post by sambadrome »

laxman wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 6:40pm
It sounds vaguely familiar to me too. I don't think I am mixing it up with his TV appearance with Primal Scream.

On the subject of the Other Side of Midnight, I think I saw Steve Coogan interviewed on there by Tony Wilson and do a great Joe Strummer impersonation. I haven't ever found that on Youtube either. Does anyone else recall that?
I was convinced it was the Other Side Of Midnight, but google says that the show ended in 1989, and I would date this performance to circa 1995 - but it's strange that it's never turned up anywhere since then.

I'm not familiar with the Coogan interview, but would love to see it.

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Post by AudioAmmunition »

I have DVD burnt from a VHS of a TV broadcast of The Farm - Spartacus Live from 1991. Mick and Pete Wylie both appear as special guests with Mick and Pete both performing Sinful. Is this possibly what you're thinking of? It's on my Youtube channel as well as Mick performing 'Down On The Farm'

NigelJacobs
Corner Soul

Post by NigelJacobs »

My memory is that Wylie joined BAD2 on stage in Liverpool to perform this song.

sambadrome
Dirty Punk

Post by sambadrome »

AudioAmmunition wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 7:52am
I have DVD burnt from a VHS of a TV broadcast of The Farm - Spartacus Live from 1991. Mick and Pete Wylie both appear as special guests with Mick and Pete both performing Sinful. Is this possibly what you're thinking of? It's on my Youtube channel as well as Mick performing 'Down On The Farm'

Thanks for the link - No, I remember this one. It's from BBC2's DEF II if my memory is correct. I have it saved somewhere too. The performance I'm thinking of was in a TV studio, and was a Wylie song with Mick on guitar.