Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Coronavirus Thread of Doom

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 8:39am
revbob wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 7:46am
matedog wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 1:19am
Flex wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 7:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 7:37pm

Oof. She's pretty young for that, too. Hopefully youth will aid recovery.
Yeah, the doctors said there's been a big spike in shingles among younger age groups. They attribute it at least partly to COVID, but the spike started before the pandemic so the totality of it is a bit of a mystery, it seems.

Addendum: but they also assured us that our insurance wouldn't have covered the shingles vaccine so we didn't miss doing something we should have done. Yay american health care!
Best wishes to Mrs Flex. How’s it affecting her? Being sick and taking care of kids is rough stuff.
Especially when you have drunken, lazy good for nothing husband.
I picture an unshaven Flex, serious bedhead, wandering around in a bathrobe, can of warm Michelob in the pocket, muttering, "Where's my giant scissors? I gotta open a Baskin Robbins today, I need my giant scissors!"
And now back to work

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 5:42pm
Under-discussed side effect of COVID: it weakened the missus' immune system enough that she ended up getting shingles as a consequence. X(
FUUUUUCCCCKKKKK. I am so sorry. That is awful. How is she feeling?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Thanks all. She's, well, she's in a lot of pain and whatnot but she's doing about as well as she can be. Luckily no spread to the face or anything like that, so it's manageable.

We're grateful that this happened after the Little Duder turned 1 and so he has his chickenpox vaccine. If that hadn't been the case things would be much more complicated.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 12:15pm
Thanks all. She's, well, she's in a lot of pain and whatnot but she's doing about as well as she can be. Luckily no spread to the face or anything like that, so it's manageable.

We're grateful that this happened after the Little Duder turned 1 and so he has his chickenpox vaccine. If that hadn't been the case things would be much more complicated.
Did she get the anti-viral meds? That helped me a great deal.

Flex

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 12:24pm
Did she get the anti-viral meds? That helped me a great deal.
Yeah, they've definitely helped.

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Let us know if you guys need anything, Flexo. ANYTHING AT ALL.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Post by Vimmattu »

I don't know but I've been told and also did my own research, that tinnitus might be a long covid symptom. I have had a heck of a tinnitus for about a year and a half. I noticed it roughly 6 months after a quite a bad bout of covid. Who the hell knows about that, but at least now I know that tinnitus sucks big time. X(
- Pilled up and rrattling -

Flex

Post by Flex »

Vimmattu wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 4:51am
I don't know but I've been told and also did my own research, that tinnitus might be a long covid symptom. I have had a heck of a tinnitus for about a year and a half. I noticed it roughly 6 months after a quite a bad bout of covid. Who the hell knows about that, but at least now I know that tinnitus sucks big time. X(
Yikes, sorry V. Covids ability to trigger other ailments is such a bastard.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Vimmattu wrote:
In many respects, that's what I find so unsettling about this thing—the varied long-term impairments. Hitting people in so many systems. Fingers crossed that recovery is sooner rather than later.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Vimmattu wrote:
My tinnitus is bad enough already without being boosted by covid. It it giving you problems while trying to sleep or anything like that?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Vimmattu wrote:
That sucks, hadn't head that before, but there are so many things we just don't know yet about long haul COVID.

I'm already noticing a bit of faint ringing and definite loss of hearing, but I've attributed it to spending too much time at live shows when I was younger. God forbid I catch COVID and it gets worse.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Vimmattu
Long Time Jerk

Post by Vimmattu »

Thanks, guys for your wishes.

Of course my tinnitus can be from something else than covid, who knows. A gradual process caused by everything possible. However I can not really pinpoint to any excess noise stress I would have suffered in between the covid and noticing the symptoms. I use ear plugs at gigs and when using tools, machines, drills etc.

Kory, it does sometimes impact falling to sleep. It is not quite painful level of ring but definitely annoying. I can hear it all the time, even through noise, if I pay attention. Of course it bothers most when in quiet. Also my ears have become really sensitive to higher frequency sounds, e.g. clinging sounds of glass and porcelain. I have to use ear protection when emptying or filling the dish washer and when dumping glass bottles to the recycle bin!

Coincidentally just before the time I bought my first proper electric guitar, a MIM Telecaster (I love it!). I have to be very careful with the tone and volume to make it pleasant enough to play the damn thing.
- Pilled up and rrattling -

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Vimmattu wrote:
01 Feb 2023, 4:57am
Thanks, guys for your wishes.

Of course my tinnitus can be from something else than covid, who knows. A gradual process caused by everything possible. However I can not really pinpoint to any excess noise stress I would have suffered in between the covid and noticing the symptoms. I use ear plugs at gigs and when using tools, machines, drills etc.

Kory, it does sometimes impact falling to sleep. It is not quite painful level of ring but definitely annoying. I can hear it all the time, even through noise, if I pay attention. Of course it bothers most when in quiet. Also my ears have become really sensitive to higher frequency sounds, e.g. clinging sounds of glass and porcelain. I have to use ear protection when emptying or filling the dish washer and when dumping glass bottles to the recycle bin!

Coincidentally just before the time I bought my first proper electric guitar, a MIM Telecaster (I love it!). I have to be very careful with the tone and volume to make it pleasant enough to play the damn thing.
I haven't tried this myself, but a lot of people swear by white noise generators for falling asleep. Something about the frequencies it generates cancels out the tinnitus and allows some relief at night.