Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

Man urinating onto Manhattan subway tracks falls off platform, fatally struck by train

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... 1918&lctg=

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 6:54pm
Man urinating onto Manhattan subway tracks falls off platform, fatally struck by train

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... 1918&lctg=
Charles Darwin would be proud.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Sparky wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 7:17pm
Reminds me of those Darwin Awards books. Extremely mean-spirited, even cruel, in retrospect but I got a chuckle out of those back in my ignorant youth.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 7:19pm
Sparky wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 7:17pm
Reminds me of those Darwin Awards books. Extremely mean-spirited, even cruel, in retrospect but I got a chuckle out of those back in my ignorant youth.
Sort of like the Herman Cain Award for COVID deniers who get COVID and die. Very funny and enjoyable while callous and meanspirited at the same time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain_Award

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

20230126_171944.jpg
They're here...

I couldn't get a comprehensive pic but there was literally a couple thousand of these fuckers

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 7:34pm
20230126_171944.jpg

They're here...

I couldn't get a comprehensive pic but there was literally a couple thousand of these fuckers
You're screwed, Tippi.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I’ve wondered for awhile whether we have a mouse/mice because every so often both we and the cats seem to think there’s something in the walls. There’s no other evidence for it, and if a mouse showed up on the main floor two of our cats are solid killers. But I decided I should get a trap, much as I was squeamish about it. I found one online that is supposedly more humane—it delivers an electrical shock for instant death—and decided, okay, no suffering. Went out to the hardware store and went to the pest control section, and winced at the products proudly announcing “kill” and “death” and got weirded out, just couldn’t do it. I know, I know, but that’s how I am w/r/t killing. But then I saw some kind of hypersonic doohickey that supposedly emits a painful sound that only rodents can hear. I have no idea whether it works, but I saw it as an escape hatch and snapped it up. We’ll see if anything happens or doesn’t (of course, if there were no mice, who know if it works), but I avoided a kill device for now.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 8:25pm
I’ve wondered for awhile whether we have a mouse/mice because every so often both we and the cats seem to think there’s something in the walls. There’s no other evidence for it, and if a mouse showed up on the main floor two of our cats are solid killers. But I decided I should get a trap, much as I was squeamish about it. I found one online that is supposedly more humane—it delivers an electrical shock for instant death—and decided, okay, no suffering. Went out to the hardware store and went to the pest control section, and winced at the products proudly announcing “kill” and “death” and got weirded out, just couldn’t do it. I know, I know, but that’s how I am w/r/t killing. But then I saw some kind of hypersonic doohickey that supposedly emits a painful sound that only rodents can hear. I have no idea whether it works, but I saw it as an escape hatch and snapped it up. We’ll see if anything happens or doesn’t (of course, if there were no mice, who know if it works), but I avoided a kill device for now.
Alternative idea: just tell Beanie that you have squirrels in the walls and let nature take its course.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 8:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Alternative idea: just tell Beanie that you have squirrels in the walls and let nature take its course.
Then I have a Beaneater infestation in my home. :yuck:

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 8:39pm
Flex wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 8:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
But he's easier to trap. Just put out some beer and seafood and you have him.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 8:39pm

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 8:47pm
But he's easier to trap. Just put out some beer and seafood and you have him.
But I'm still stuck with him.
Flex wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 9:04pm
Ah, I stand corrected.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Try this and let us know how it goes:

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 9:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That seems a good option for a Beaneater infestation, too.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 10:07pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 9:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That seems a good option for a Beaneater infestation, too.
For that, you’d probably need a bigger hole in the wall and a bigger bucket.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.