Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Currently watching.

Post by coffeepotman »

[/quote]

Way too many don't get that if we sympathize with anti-heroes, it's in spite of their flaws, not because of them. We recognize that they are problematic, but seek to see the bigger picture with them. Those characters aren't misunderstood assholes; they're assholes but their assholery isn't all that they are.
[/quote]

Well put, and that can be said of a lot of people too

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

All this reminds of a conservative writer informing us that everyone, including Lucas, misunderstands that the Empire are actually the good guys.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/week ... the-empire
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 5:33pm
All this reminds of a conservative writer informing us that everyone, including Lucas, misunderstands that the Empire are actually the good guys.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/week ... the-empire
"The case for the Empi-" gonna have stop you right there, friendo.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Cunk on Earth.

Flex

Post by Flex »

A few episodes into Yellowjackets, which seems quite badass.

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
01 Feb 2023, 1:04am
A few episodes into Yellowjackets, which seems quite badass.
I fucking loved it, but I didn't realize til near the end that it will be ongoing, and not a limited series. I worry that they'll just string it along forever and never give the answers. I think it was ep2, the plane crash ep, I thought that was one of the best TV eps I'd ever seen.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:
01 Feb 2023, 4:09pm
I fucking loved it, but I didn't realize til near the end that it will be ongoing, and not a limited series. I worry that they'll just string it along forever and never give the answers. I think it was ep2, the plane crash ep, I thought that was one of the best TV eps I'd ever seen.
Yeah, I think I read that they had it all planned out as a 5 season series. Which, sure, maybe. Seasons can be pretty short these days after all, but I'll believe this story needs that amount of room when I see it. Whatever, love the riot grrrrl meets Blood on Satan's Claw vibe of the whole thing (the flashbacks particularly, obviously).

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
01 Feb 2023, 4:25pm
tepista wrote:
01 Feb 2023, 4:09pm
Yeah, I think I read that they had it all planned out as a 5 season series. Which, sure, maybe. Seasons can be pretty short these days after all, but I'll believe this story needs that amount of room when I see it. Whatever, love the riot grrrrl meets Blood on Satan's Claw vibe of the whole thing (the flashbacks particularly, obviously).
Well.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I am addicted to Only Murders in the Building. The chemistry between the main characters is *chef's kiss*

Flex

Post by Flex »

Mimi wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 8:36pm
I am addicted to Only Murders in the Building. The chemistry between the main characters is *chef's kiss*
LOVE it

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A Fawlty Towers remake in the works: https://variety.com/2023/global/news/fa ... 235515583/

And when it bombs, Cleese can blame the woke mob and CRT and drag queen groomers etc etc.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Rob Reiner added: “John Cleese is a comedy legend. Just the idea of working with him makes me laugh.”
That could be read as a brilliant slight.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 7:04am
A Fawlty Towers remake in the works: https://variety.com/2023/global/news/fa ... 235515583/

And when it bombs, Cleese can blame the woke mob and CRT and drag queen groomers etc etc.
Maybe it will put an end to all the "Fawlty Towers would never have been made in this Woke era" nonsense so swings and roundabouts i guess.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 7:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Maybe it will put an end to all the "Fawlty Towers would never have been made in this Woke era" nonsense so swings and roundabouts i guess.
He's still got an out card. Yes, it got made, but the woke mob would not let it succeed.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 8:23am
Low Down Low wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 7:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

He's still got an out card. Yes, it got made, but the woke mob would not let it succeed.
"The hilarious Chinese waiter, as played by a hilarious British Cambridge graduate, meant the PC masses sharpened their knives."

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/