RAMONES

General music discussion.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: RAMONES

Post by Sparky »

Silent Majority wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 7:01am
Direct from my imagination to actual, living reality.

Hear Joey Ramone Sing a Piece by John Cage Adapted from James Joyce’s Finnegans Wake

https://www.openculture.com/2013/09/hea ... -wake.html
Never could have imagined it, but sure sounds good.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

He absolutely would be a Trump fan.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 4:24pm
WestwayKid wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 12:34pm
matedog wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 12:06pm
matedog wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 12:03pm
Randomly gave Pleasant Dreams some plays this weekend and really dug it. I was already very familiar with Sensation and KKK, but "Don't Go" and "You Sound Like You're Sick" and a bunch others had great hooks. The first four albums get all the attention, but there's a lot of gems in their other albums.
Well shit: http://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic.p ... ms#p264958
Pleasant Dreams is sort of a lost classic in my opinion. I'd even place it ahead of fan fave Too Tough to Die if I were ranking their albums. I don't think Graham Gouldman was the right producer for them - but they somehow made an enjoyable together.
I think it's great and some producers work better than others of course. But then the RAMONES were not just 1234 go they were sixties bubblegum pop with elements of glam. Fuck every time I talk about them it makes me realise just how much I miss them.
I'm in total agreement but at least I got t see them 20 times, when ever they played and they played a lot in NYC, my first show was donw in Florida and it was subterranean Jungle tour. I've seen every tour since then

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

mqf22i2rxad81.jpg
In honor of their 50th anniversary here is a colorized image of their first album, I like the B/w better. Shot just across the street from my apartment. Now where the hell is the EOTC superdeluxe?!!!!!!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 3:15pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 4:24pm
WestwayKid wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 12:34pm
matedog wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 12:06pm
matedog wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 12:03pm
Randomly gave Pleasant Dreams some plays this weekend and really dug it. I was already very familiar with Sensation and KKK, but "Don't Go" and "You Sound Like You're Sick" and a bunch others had great hooks. The first four albums get all the attention, but there's a lot of gems in their other albums.
Well shit: http://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic.p ... ms#p264958
Pleasant Dreams is sort of a lost classic in my opinion. I'd even place it ahead of fan fave Too Tough to Die if I were ranking their albums. I don't think Graham Gouldman was the right producer for them - but they somehow made an enjoyable together.
I think it's great and some producers work better than others of course. But then the RAMONES were not just 1234 go they were sixties bubblegum pop with elements of glam. Fuck every time I talk about them it makes me realise just how much I miss them.
I'm in total agreement but at least I got t see them 20 times, when ever they played and they played a lot in NYC, my first show was donw in Florida and it was subterranean Jungle tour. I've seen every tour since then
Very cool. I got to see them a handful of times. Never disappointed. Rewired my brain.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

coffeepotman wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 3:17pm
mqf22i2rxad81.jpgIn honor of their 50th anniversary here is a colorized image of their first album, I like the B/w better. Shot just across the street from my apartment. Now where the hell is the EOTC superdeluxe?!!!!!!!
Nice! Thank you!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

coffeepotman wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 3:17pm
mqf22i2rxad81.jpgIn honor of their 50th anniversary here is a colorized image of their first album, I like the B/w better. Shot just across the street from my apartment. Now where the hell is the EOTC superdeluxe?!!!!!!!
Hello,

The Fab Four from Forest Hills! I saw them 8 times (I think) - always a great show (and great workout - pogoing for ~75 minutes!).

Agreed - when is End of the Century expanded coming out?